Muscle pain and tiredness so I quit workout

Options
ibrahimsmama
ibrahimsmama Posts: 42 Member
edited August 2016 in Success Stories
Dear fellows. I'm 35 years old and mom of a 11 months old. I'm 143 lbs and for a month now I'm trying to lose this bAby fat. I have treadmill and I do some fitness yoga but I get really tired. I lack energy which ends up in bad mood and irritation and then I give up all altogether and then get frustrated.... I'm losing hope now. I have fat around my lower stomach as I'm pcos and insulin resistant... Please help me ... I'm hopeless :-(

Replies

• richardgavel
    richardgavel Posts: 1,001 Member
    Options
    How often do you workout and what kind of calorie deficit are you maintaining?
  • ibrahimsmama
    Options
    How often do you workout and what kind of calorie deficit are you maintaining?

Thanks for the response ... I just count my steps ... tried to do 10000 steps week ago and that day I burnt 485 calories but from next day I had bad muscles and joint pain around my neck shoulders and back and since I'm just resting and keeping my calorie count within 1200 but I'm feeling weakness so I ate rice yesterday for strength and crossed 2000 calorie count. I have very weak upper body but my legs are strong but my nerves get tensed if I do workout of any sort and I end up on bed. I'm so lethargic ... What to do
  • oolou
    oolou Posts: 765 Member
    Options
    I would suggest focusing on diet rather than exercise. If your goal is to lose weight, exercise which leaves you needing to eat more calories than you burned is self defeating. Get the food side right for you first. Once you have that sorted and a calories deficit established, then start to think about exercise, building it up slowly.

I have no knowledge about your medical condition but perhaps you should also see your doctor about the lethargy.
  • elisa123gal
    elisa123gal Posts: 4,287 Member
    Options
    I started working out two weeks ago.. no doubt I felt worse and more tired when I started. I'm now gaining some energy. But it does point out how out of shape I've gotten. Stick with it.. eat a meal before you get on the treadmill so you don't feel drained. Go for 15 or 20 minutes and every two days add five minutes. You can do it.. the activity will start burning the fat. I'm just over two weeks. and today.. I feel the fat melting.. i thought it would never start happening. You can do it!
  • ibrahimsmama
    Options
    Thanks it's very helpful. But it demotivate me when after a week I see my weighing scale showing no signs of losing a pound ... how long should I wait to see my scale showing some sign of weight loss?
  • MudstainSally
    MudstainSally Posts: 571 Member
    Options
    6 weeks, no joke. You need some patience. If after six weeks of weighing and carefully counting calories, please go talk to your doctor and show him your food diary with your food weighed out. I wish you luck!
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    How much sleep do you get with an 11-month-old? Trying to cut your calories so low, with little sleep, is going to make you feel tired. I can't function on less than 8 hours per night, 9 is better!
  • AngelinaB_
    AngelinaB_ Posts: 563 Member
    Options
    I would go to the doctor. Having that fatigue/ lack of energy can be a symptom of something not working well... Or it can be nothing... Just for peace of mind you should see the doc.

As far as not losing fast, it can happen so hang in there
  • lithezebra
    lithezebra Posts: 3,670 Member
    Options
    I would do some strength training, in addition to cardio, especially for your upper back and core, starting out gently, and using very strict form. I always hurt in the neck, shoulders and back if I stop strength training. The very best exercise I've found is the hollow body hold. Going to the doctor is a good idea, of course. Exercise is even more important for women with PCOS.
  • lithezebra
    lithezebra Posts: 3,670 Member
    Options
    ... how long should I wait to see my scale showing some sign of weight loss?

Anytime in the next few months, if you're maintaining a consistent calorie deficit. But you should never give up, no matter what. This is a process.
  • KiyaK
    KiyaK Posts: 519 Member
    Options
    First of all, cut yourself some slack. This is a lifestyle change & you're not going to be perfect at everything going all at once. Sounds like 1200 calories is just too low. Slow and steady is better than crashing, burning & no progress at all.

What is your weight loss set at on MFP? Dunno how tall you are, but 143 is a fairly low weight if you're average in height. So you should definitely be set at 1lb a week, if not .5lb. That'll give you more calories to eat & get you off the deprive, binge cycles.

As far as workouts, just ease in. it will take time for your body to adjust to new activity. You mentioned yoga. Are you going to live class or doing videos? If you're interested in videos, check out the channel Yoga With Adriene on YouTube. She's great for beginners & many of her vids are short, so it's nice when you're feeling tired or short on time. It's ok to take breaks or just do part of a workout. You have plenty of time the build up your strength and stamina.

And remember that all of this takes time. You may not see changes in the scale IMMEDIATELY. And don't let the scale be your only metric of change! Take measurements with a tape measure too. Sometimes your measurements are shrinking while the scale is staying steady. Pay attention to how eating differently & moving more makes you feel. Do you feel happier? More energized? More at peace? Remember that the number on the scale is not the be-all, end-all of health.

Cut yourself slack, have patience.
  • ogmios2
    ogmios2 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    The first question is what do you eat on that 1200 calories diet? That will make a difference if you cut off food that provides energy. Second question is "is 1200 cal ok for your weight/height" and "is it too agressive"?
    Losing weight for lifestyle is not a sprint, it is more like a marathon.
  • ibrahimsmama
    Options
    KiyaK wrote: »
    First of all, cut yourself some slack. This is a lifestyle change & you're not going to be perfect at everything going all at once. Sounds like 1200 calories is just too low. Slow and steady is better than crashing, burning & no progress at all.

What is your weight loss set at on MFP? Dunno how tall you are, but 143 is a fairly low weight if you're average in height. So you should definitely be set at 1lb a week, if not .5lb. That'll give you more calories to eat & get you off the deprive, binge cycles.

As far as workouts, just ease in. it will take time for your body to adjust to new activity. You mentioned yoga. Are you going to live class or doing videos? If you're interested in videos, check out the channel Yoga With Adriene on YouTube. She's great for beginners & many of her vids are short, so it's nice when you're feeling tired or short on time. It's ok to take breaks or just do part of a workout. You have plenty of time the build up your strength and stamina.

And remember that all of this takes time. You may not see changes in the scale IMMEDIATELY. And don't let the scale be your only metric of change! Take measurements with a tape measure too. Sometimes your measurements are shrinking while the scale is staying steady. Pay attention to how eating differently & moving more makes you feel. Do you feel happier? More energized? More at peace? Remember that the number on the scale is not the be-all, end-all of health.

Cut yourself slack, have patience.

Thanks Kiya for all the advice. I am 5.3" and my weight is mostly around my belly and hip area ... my upper body like arms and face is very lean ... Thanks for the yoga suggestion I would surely follow her
  • ibrahimsmama
    Options
    How much sleep do you get with an 11-month-old? Trying to cut your calories so low, with little sleep, is going to make you feel tired. I can't function on less than 8 hours per night, 9 is better!

So true I can't sleep well and I'm very light sleeper once disturbed can't go back to sleep easily. Having puffy eyes makes me look sick even more ... But I will not give up InShaAllah
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!