Finally Purged Clothes. Whew!

Options
nowine4me
nowine4me Posts: 3,985 Member
This time, I did it!! I packed up everything that didn't fit -- with the exception of a few treasures -- and took the bins to GoodWill. And this time -- I left them there rather than getting nervous and bringing them back. My closet is very sparse, but I have plenty of things to get me through to my goal weight. My gym clothes area is almost as big as my work clothes area, and it feels great. Today, I put on a shirt that was a bit too large, I just tossed it in a new donation pile. It is NOT going back on a hanger. It also makes me happy that a GoodWill shopper in need of some nice suits and work clothes will benefit from my "loss". It was a tough but good call.

Replies

• Bucknutz247
    Bucknutz247 Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    Total inspiration
  • meritage4
    meritage4 Posts: 1,441 Member
    Options
    I have another box ready to go out today.
  • 12Sarah2015
    12Sarah2015 Posts: 1,117 Member
    Options
    Well done! I have some going today
  • elisa123gal
    elisa123gal Posts: 4,287 Member
    Options
    You've made the symbolic commitment to never go back .. now those clothes will serve another person well.
  • melissahammond1
    melissahammond1 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I'll admit I'm terrified to get rid of my old clothes!
  • Ben_there_done_that
    Ben_there_done_that Posts: 732 Member
    Options
    Way to do your civic duty. I love the Purge.
    Congrats on all your hard work.
  • Diana_GettingFit
    Diana_GettingFit Posts: 458 Member
    Options
    Isn't it a great feeling to get rid of your old fat clothes? It's liberating. And it's making a statement that there is no going back.
  • cimarrona27
    cimarrona27 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    I'm doing that in T-4 pounds! It's my first mini goal. I am so excited!! Congrats!! It is a huge deal. :)
  • Nightmare_Queen88
    Nightmare_Queen88 Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    It's both a sad and happy thing to give up clothes and even shoes. :( But hey now we get to rock all of those cute clothes we eyed from afar but could never wear. So it's a good thing. I'm definitely getting low on clothing myself, especially pants, but I'm happy about it. I'm not at my goal weight yet so buying clothes is tricky. I have to time it right and buy clothes a size smaller than I'm in right now. But it feels good to shop in the juniors and ladies section instead of the plus size section. Congratulations on your purge. :)
  • ForMe2No
    ForMe2No Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    Good for you. Say good riddance and go shop for some new stuff. I was a little hesitant on my first purge and even kept a couple of things back. But later was able to find similar things and nicer things in the lower sizes. After that I said this isn't that bad. So I'm now gearing up for my 3rd purge...this time my family is having a big yard sale. So I'm going to try getting rid of stuff that way first as the later things I've purchased I've only worn once or twice some not at all and have tags on them. Maybe if a make a few dollars I can use to buy more stuff. Whatever doesn't sell I will donate. I'm not at goal weight but I am at goal size. So I will probably just settle on maintaining where I am...I'm actually tired of replacing my wardrobe but mostly tired of the expense.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!