How long til I see some results!!!

Options
..I am 5'6'', I started out weighing 283lbs and now, I keep fluctuating between 266-268 now..but I cant see or tell a difference. Nothing seems to have changed :( I just wonder when im gonna start seeing results because I CANT WAIT!!!!

Replies

• bmw4deb
    bmw4deb Posts: 1,325 Member
    Options
    give it time you will. take some pictures to compare every couple weeks
  • Hodar
    Hodar Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    Did you take some BEFORE pictures?

If not, strip down to your undies, or a swimsuit, or some jogging shorts - something that shows your thighs, tummy and back - and take them. Don't suck it in, let it all hang out. Yes, this is an exercise in humility - heck, look at my picture. I took this intentionally to show my gut overhanging my belt. This is my BEFORE.

Take one you may want to publish - to help motivate people who are where you are now; when you are at your goal. But, more importantly, take some for your PRIVATE viewing. In your undies, or naked. Keep them on your cell phone, or on your PC.

When you get discouraged - pull them out and critically look at how you have changed. We see ourselves every morning as we come out of the shower - we won't notice the changes - they are gradual. But a photo has perfect memory.
  • melsinct
    melsinct Posts: 3,512 Member
    Options
    Yup- take pictures! I wish I did when I started. I started MFP at 175 and I still don't see much of a difference now I have lost 20 pounds. However, I have gone down a pants size, my old pants are HUGE on me, people at work have noticed my weight loss...it is just hard to see it on myself when I look in the mirror every day. However, photos don't lie!
  • karlajohnson123
    karlajohnson123 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    I started out at 268 and I know I had lost 30 pounds before I could tell a real difference. SO, keep it up. Never too late to take pics either. I have been throwing out clothes but I kept the shirt I had on in my pic because I wanted to wear it again for my next pic just to see the difference.
  • evonday
    evonday Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    You didn't put on the weight overnight, you're not going to take it off overnight.

You can't expect drastic results very quickly and have a healthy sustainable lifestyle. Especially if you have a lot to lose. It's going to take time, and especially patience. You see yourself everyday. You see the gradient of changes your body goes through without remembering how it used to be. The changes are so slight everyday, you don't notice the difference.

If you want ways to see if you have been changing then do these things:

1.) Keep track of your Weight
    2.) Take Progress Pictures every 10 lbs or so.
    3.) Take measurements about once a month.

I guarantee you if one is not changing, then at least one of the others are. Well, if you are sticking with your diet and exercise of course. lol.

But what's more important then seeing a drastic change, is probably how you feel with the 15 lbs off. You should be proud of yourself, and your body. 15 lbs is 15 lbs no matter who you are. And it is time consuming and difficult to lose. So I hope these suggestions are helpful, and I wish you the best of luck in your future losses!
  • Hollycat
    Hollycat Posts: 372
    Options
    Take pictures every 10 pounds down. You'll be amazed...

Hollycat
    :flowerforyou:
  • Heatherbelle_87
    Heatherbelle_87 Posts: 1,078 Member
    Options
    ok everyone beat me to the pictures. Not my signature on the pant sizes compared to my weight loss! we lose in funny areas (and my pictures prove it) just under the bra line Ive dropped tons, I can get descriptive on why I havent dropped pant sizes, and why Im ok with it. If you would like :)
  • Christinichka
    Christinichka Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    The larger you are the longer it takes to see a difference. A few years ago I was losing some weight and went from 224 to 200 before I noticed any change. So a good 20-30lbs. I figure I won't notice much of a difference in myself until I reach 200 again, and then again at 180. But I have large hips and thighs so I don't drop pant sizes fast at all. I am a size 18 now, but I was a size 16 at 180 for years and years. Yet I have a co-worker who loses 5lbs and you can tell right away but she is a size 8 and much less weight than I am.

So it all depends on how much you've got to lose and your body composition. But don't get discouraged. You will eventually start to notice a difference and when you do it is major pay off!
  • Serenitytoo
    Serenitytoo Posts: 449 Member
    Options
    I started at around 300lbs and it seemed to take forever to see a change (about 30lbs), but a coworker pointed out my back was getting smaller...:noway: I was losing just not in the standard areas where I was measuring. Plus when you are bigger it does take longer to be really evident because it is spread out over a bigger area. Hang in there and you will see changes. :flowerforyou:
  • MinnieInMaine
    MinnieInMaine Posts: 6,400 Member
    Options
    If I remember correctly, it took a loss of 25-30 pounds before I noticed it too. It's tough when you see yourself in the mirror every day - those subtle changes aren't so obvious. Definitely take some before pictures and take measurements every month or so. And pay attention to how your clothes/jewelry are fitting.
  • rachel_onamission
    Options
    Thank you everyone!! Im gonna have to go take some pictures now lol! Hopefully next year at this time ill be able to look back at them and be like WOW! :)
  • Christinichka
    Christinichka Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    Rachel you will! And measurements are a big deal. Take them. So you can see the scale, measurements and pictures.
  • cathyg18
    cathyg18 Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    Rachel you will! And measurements are a big deal. Take them. So you can see the scale, measurements and pictures.

This is so true. My friend that I do yoga with said to me the other day that she has noticed a change in how I look. When I look in the mirror I don't notice it, but after she said that I paid closer attention to how my clothes fit and I have to say they are fitting differently. Looser and a little baggier. So even if the scale doesn't show it, your measurments will. Eventually the scale will start to move. :D
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!