Anyone actually losing a pound a week?

Options
..or whatever your weekly loss goal is? I know I'm not, I've been pretty diligent about my eating/exercise and since starting mfp about 2 months ago, I've lost 6 pounds...is anyone losing a pound a week pretty consistently? I know it's working and I'm going to keep trucking..mine's just slower to come off I suppose!

Edit to add-It could maaaybe be because I'm within 13 pounds of my goal weight? My goal is 150 (for me that seems to be a good weight for my body)

Replies

• nicolerah
    nicolerah Posts: 440 Member
    Options
    My goal are 2 but I've consistently lost 1.5 each week since I begun in May.... (except for the week where I had my period)
  • Hollycat
    Hollycat Posts: 372
    Options
    Often depends how much you have to lose. Once you get to within 20 pounds or so of your 'ideal' weight, it's going to slow down. I"m down 11 pounds since May 1st. That's 9.5 weeks, so averaging about a pound a week. Also, it's the first 11 pounds, so...probably some water. The first person who tells me it's all water gets it! :explode: :wink:

Hollycat
    :flowerforyou:
  • End6ame
    End6ame Posts: 903
    Options
    My goal is set to 1lb/week and I lose roughly 1/2 to 1lb/week pretty consistently and have about 30lbs to go.
  • in_my_dreams
    Options
    I'm losing about a lb a week or a little more. I have my goal set to lose that much and I try to mostly stay under it. I also usually eat at least half of my exercise calories.

I suspect that will change quickly since I am a healthy weight now and closer to my goal.
  • wjkirby
    wjkirby Posts: 120
    Options
    I'm averaging around 10 pounds per month.
  • sophjakesmom
    sophjakesmom Posts: 904 Member
    Options
    I am averaging about 1.7 lbs a week since the beginning of January. But I do have weeks where I don't lose anything (like last week) and some I lose 2-3 (like the week before.) I didn't really do anything majorly different, but I was in a different place in my cycle. I don't sweat it too much when I don't lose, but I do keep track to make sure my average is staying where I want it. It I start to slow down, I adjust my net calorie goal and go from there.
  • _Khaleesi_
    _Khaleesi_ Posts: 877 Member
    Options
    I have my goal set to lose 1.7 lbs / week. I have been averaging about 1.5 lbs. I never ever go over my calories...
  • MicMar66
    MicMar66 Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    I had mine set to lose 2 lbs. per week and lost 2 lbs each week. Now I am within 5-7 lbs of my "ideal" weight and dropped it to 1 lb. per week.
  • LotsOtots5
    LotsOtots5 Posts: 174
    Options
    I'm not. I'm just about 10 lbs from my goal weight and it's coming off sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo slowly. BUT, I'm not gaining so I'm just hanging in there :) I started tracking my weight loss Apr 23 and I've lost 9 lbs so far.
  • Christinemary6
    Christinemary6 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    I'm not! and I'm trying hard....since starting, over three months ago, I've lost about 4 lbs. Sigh.
  • gigiblues
    gigiblues Posts: 8
    Options
    It could just be your body type. I know since i have a bigger frame, the number on the scale doesn't really move but on the other hand I do lose inches. You should try looking at the clothes you wear, maybe you went from a size 12 down to a size 10 during that time frame.

Your body might just be losing fat and gaining muscle in which case the number on the scale wont appear to be moving much but you should definitely be losing inches :D.

Take pictures and find a pair of pants, preferably one without a lot of stretch and try them on every two weeks, that should give you a better idea of what your body is doing. I hope this helped :D
  • BethanyCee
    BethanyCee Posts: 70
    Options
    I've been losing more than 2lbs a week, but the amount is slowly getting smaller each week. But I also have a lot to lose, so it's not too surprising. I lost 2lbs last week and I'm (hoping!) thinking that will be my average for a while before I hit a plateau.
  • justavoice1989
    justavoice1989 Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    its hard to say. im 10 pounds withing my goal weight and its getting difficult to see the number change (even the slightest) every day (i am on TOM so that could also be a variable). but when i first started i dropped the weight pretty fast. (lost 11 pounds in a little less than a month) but now it is starting to level out.......:grumble:
    but i know that if i continue, ill eventually get over this hump and get back to results :drinker:
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    I averaged 5# a month until I got within 5 pounds of my current goal, then switched to a half pound a week loss.

There's some weeks there's no change, but then usually a bigger drop the next week.
  • dixedreg
    dixedreg Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    Yes, it seems to be OK for me. My goal is set for 2 lbs per week and my average loss (@ 165 days of logging) has been 2.375 lbs per week.
  • stormieweather
    stormieweather Posts: 2,549 Member
    Options
    Yes. My goal is actually 3/4 pound a week, but as of June 30, I had lost 24 pounds, which works out to just about 1 pound per week from Jan 4th (less the week at maintenance).

Keep in mind that I once went 6 weeks without losing, and then lost 8 pounds over the next 10 days. It's never a precise, exact 1 pound loss every Sunday at 1pm. :noway:
  • sleepytexan
    sleepytexan Posts: 3,138 Member
    Options
    If you are exercising and not losing, check out the first post of this thread link to see if it applies to you:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/196502-for-the-people-who-work-out-like-crazy-and-are-not-losing?hl=for+people+who+work+out+like+crazy

It was a real (happy!) eye-opener to me to realize that I had to eat more to lose more. Often people eat a very low-cal regimen for quite a while when they have a lot to lose, but suddenly, as they get close to goal they plateau and/or even gain weight.

If the thread applies to you, it's worth a shot to up your calories for a few weeks and see if it works.

blessings.
  • JennsLosing
    JennsLosing Posts: 1,026
    Options
    not me, but in my defense i have lots of screw up days.