Why can't NY City make Salsa?

Options
cee134
cee134 Posts: 33,711 Member
IF New York City has some of the best cuisine in the world, how come they can't make salsa?

Replies

• MonkeyMel21
    MonkeyMel21 Posts: 2,388 Member
    Options
    Is it that they literally can not make salsa, or that they don't make it the way you're used to? Why does Oklahoma just assume I want sweet tea when I ask for tea? Why do they not know what pork green chili is when I'm used to restaurants in Colorado smothering it all over everything with mild/hot/half-n-half as my choices?
  • fanceegirl75
    fanceegirl75 Posts: 620 Member
    Options
    You won't get legit Mexican food or dishes anywhere in the US like you do in Cali.
  • denversillygoose
    denversillygoose Posts: 708 Member
    Options
    Is it that they literally can not make salsa, or that they don't make it the way you're used to? Why does Oklahoma just assume I want sweet tea when I ask for tea? Why do they not know what pork green chili is when I'm used to restaurants in Colorado smothering it all over everything with mild/hot/half-n-half as my choices?

Oklahoma is the antiColorado.
  • dym123
    dym123 Posts: 1,670 Member
    Options
    So you've gone to every Mexican/Latin restaurant in NYC? Wow, I commend you on your devotion to a good bowl of salsa.
  • MonkeyMel21
    Options

Oklahoma is the antiColorado.

Don't I know it, lmao! That is the truest statement! With that said, we have plans to move back home to Colorado next year.
  • Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,576 Member
    Options
    Too much concrete and not enough dirt.
  • cee134
    edited August 2016
    Options
    They've never been able to make salsa!! :wink:

Thank you. You know what I'm talking about. Sorry for the confusion people that had real answers.

• MonkeyMel21
    Options
    cee134 wrote: »

Thank you. You know what I'm talking about. Sorry for the confusion people that had real answers.

bahahahaha! Fantastic. I had forgotten about that commercial. Mine wasn't a "real answer" even though I thought you were asking a real question, so I'm off the hook!
  • Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,576 Member
    Options

I stand by my real answer
  • MonkeyMel21
    Options

I stand by my real answer

Does that include dirt from potted plants, or...?
  • dym123
    dym123 Posts: 1,670 Member
    edited August 2016
    Options

Since I was being snarky and in no way trying to answer seriously, I guess I'm off the hook.
  • cee134
    Options
    What is this hook?
  • MonkeyMel21
    Options
    The hook is not responding appropriately according to your (the op's) intended meaning?

• cee134
    Options
    I like hooks, but only on songs. :)
  • MonkeyMel21
    Options
    Because the hook brings you back, on that you can rely.
  • CincyNeid
    CincyNeid Posts: 1,249 Member
    Options
    You won't get legit Mexican food or dishes anywhere in the US like you do in Cali.

One of the benefits of my Brother in law being from El Salvador and my Aunt being from Puerto Rico. I can get me some real Hispanic dishes, and I agree it's not like you get at the big box restaurants.