Weighing In

Options
2»

Replies

• justavoice1989
    justavoice1989 Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    Absolutely DO NOT weigh yourself every day. Just because your scale says one number one day, and a different the next, does not incline that you gained/lost weight. I weight myself once a week, in the morning before breakfast and showering. That way, you cancel out the added load of food and/or clothing that may render the weigh-in inaccurate. By weighing myself once a week, I can find a more reliable measurement of my progress. If you simply cannot resist, however, record a daily weight and then at the end of the week, average it out to find your "AVG Weight".

But, weighing yourself before eating and without excess clothing is still necessary.

i weigh myself everyday and do just fine. its just more or less if you can handle disappointment. i log in everyday any weight gained or lost. but i keep in mind that it could be different tomorrow =] it also helps me to make better decisions that day like "ok. so i am still xxx, gotta work extra hard to get that number down"
  • adriannz
    adriannz Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Once a week - same day, about the same time. Keeps me in the know - but sane!
  • happyhaunt
    happyhaunt Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    I've been weighing in every morning but I've decided I'm just going to do it once a week now :)
  • in_my_dreams
    Options
    I weigh myself everyday, just out of curiousity, but I officially weigh in on Thursdays and record that weight regardless if it is up or down.
  • countrygrlpdx
    Options
    Once a week! Also - measurements. I haven't done that for awhile, but going to start again. When the scale may show very small loses - you may find you lost a couple inches somewhere else. That can be very motivating!
  • getyupcowgirl
    Options
    I weigh myself and take meassurements every 5 days (just during the 30 Day Shred) but I usually just weigh myself once a week.
  • evesacks
    evesacks Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    I weigh every day and only log if I've lost so the weight on MFP is my lowest weight to date.
  • mrk34
    mrk34 Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself every day.

Try to weight yourself in the morning. Wake up, use the bathroom, take off your clothes, and step on the digital scale
  • Sandbug
    Sandbug Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    I try to weigh just twice a week. I started out with just weighing on Fridays when I first started MFP. Then I joined a challenge and our weigh in days are Mondays. So I was weighing twice a week but one of this weeks challenges was to not to weigh again until Monday.
  • startlosingstartliving
    Options
    I, unfortunately, weigh myself every day before I take a shower. I'm trying to cut it down to maybe 2-3 times a week, but it's really hard.