Oatmeal v oatbran which is more filling?

Options
Is oatbran any more filling than oatmeal?

Replies

• Mycophilia
    Mycophilia Posts: 1,225 Member
    Options
    Try both and compare?
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    Is oatbran any more filling than oatmeal?

Do they have different fiber or protein numbers? I like oatmeal but need "add-ins" to keep it filling. I like adding nuts and pumpkin puree....yum!
  • geneticsteacher
    geneticsteacher Posts: 623 Member
    Options
    Oatbran is slightly higher in protein and fiber. I find it more filling too.
  • janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options
    I personally feel like oatmeal is a lot more fun to eat than oatbran, at least if we're talking about a bowl of it. But maybe I just don't know how to eat it the right way?
  • angeljo2015
    angeljo2015 Posts: 121 Member
    edited August 2016
    Options
    If I try oatbran can it cause upset stomach due to extra fiber
  • janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options
    If I try oatbran can it cause upset stomach due to extra fiber

Do you usually get an upset stomach when you increase the fiber in your diet?

• angeljo2015
    Options
    I've not really tried before
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Options
    I expect it depends on the type, as both vary. Bob's Red Mill oat bran and steel cut oats aren't much different in macros or calories (the oatmeal has slightly less fiber, slightly more protein, but not a meaningful difference). I like the texture of the oatmeal more and how filling they are depends on what I eat with them, so I doubt would be particularly different. Experiment and see, though.
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    Put a couple TBS of oat bran in with your oatmeal, best of both worlds. Personally i don't like oat bran by itself.
  • angeljo2015
    Options
    Put a couple TBS of oat bran in with your oatmeal, best of both worlds. Personally i don't like oat bran by itself.

I thought of trying that
  • geneticsteacher
    geneticsteacher Posts: 623 Member
    Options

Will have to try that! I have been adding a little oat bran to pancakes.

Last night we had oatmeal with fresh figs. Yum!
  • ogmomma2012
    ogmomma2012 Posts: 1,520 Member
    Options
    Neither for me, honestly. Try both :)
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,663 Member
    Options
    What people find filling seems to be somewhat individual/idiosyncratic. You may have to try it & see. If you're worried about fiber being disruptive to your digestive process, maybe find a way to increase it slowly, over a period of time.