Eating an hour before bed? bad for weightloss?

Options
2»

Replies

• sleepthoughts
    Options
    I go to work at 7pm and have my break at 9:45, by then I really need to eat something because if I don't then I know when I get home I will be STARVING ( like right now), but it's 1:30 AM and I know I need to sleep and not eat right now! I need to switch to a protein based snack however because right now it's usually just something fairly sugary.
  • rileysowner
    rileysowner Posts: 8,239 Member
    Options
    I go to work at 7pm and have my break at 9:45, by then I really need to eat something because if I don't then I know when I get home I will be STARVING ( like right now), but it's 1:30 AM and I know I need to sleep and not eat right now! I need to switch to a protein based snack however because right now it's usually just something fairly sugary.

Why not eat then sleep?
  • in_my_dreams
    Options
    I often have a snack at night... like a cup of tea and a cookie.
    Last night I ate a box of smarties before I went to bed (not an ideal snack, I know) and was down 1.6lbs this morning from last Thursday.

I just try to make sure I have enough calories left at the end of the day for a treat, if not then I don't have one :)
  • duvaroo
    duvaroo Posts: 18
    Options
    your body can't tell time. Eat when you're hungry. As long as you stay within your calorie limits, you'll be fine