Ladies: Shark Week & Water Retention

Options
My weight has stayed the same this week despite exercising and eating healthy and I think it might have something to do with that time of the month.
Do any of you experience this during that time? And if so, does the weight lost from this week eventually come off?

Replies

• strob89
    strob89 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Yup! Usually about a week before and not until the second to last day.
  • jdhcm2006
    jdhcm2006 Posts: 2,254 Member
    Options
    It takes me a good 5 days for the water weight to fall off b/c with my cycle comes a craving for Chinese food which leads me to using soy sauce which is super high in sodium, which also causes water retention.
  • koslowkj
    koslowkj Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    It'll come off. If you weigh daily you'll probably start seeing a trend after a few months, it's actually kind of cool to watch (if you're a numbers and biology weirdo like me at least ;) )
  • dragon_girl26
    dragon_girl26 Posts: 2,187 Member
    Options
    Darnit, and here I was in thinking we were going to get to talk about Shark Week.
    I didn't watch it this year, though.
  • stephaniej2888
    stephaniej2888 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Yes, totally normal!
    Every month when that time comes I either don't loose at all or put on 2-3 lbs but within a few days of it stopping the weight is back off. I don't know about anyone else but I can tell it's almost that time just because of the bloating/water retention lol. I start to feel like I'm heavier and I can't SUCK in my stomach lol...then when I'm close to being done I start to feel like myself again lol
  • taraccarter729
    taraccarter729 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    All of my stalls can be correlated to shark week. Within days of it ending, I can lose a couple pounds.
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    Four pounds up 2-3 days before, don't lose them until 2-3 days after...every time.
  • ShaDucky
    ShaDucky Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Yeah this week (mon-today) my weight has gradually gone up. I had a slight decrease but it shot up 2lbs today alone. And the horrible thing showed up after coming home from the gym. I was under calories all week and finished workouts each day.....suuuuucks!! And I wanna cry
  • tracymayo1
    tracymayo1 Posts: 445 Member
    Options
    you're lucky... I always gain up to 8lbs when TOM comes to town... damn him!
  • kprimaverab
    kprimaverab Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    koslowkj wrote: »
    It'll come off. If you weigh daily you'll probably start seeing a trend after a few months, it's actually kind of cool to watch (if you're a numbers and biology weirdo like me at least ;) )

I do weigh daily and i look forward to being satisfied by the weekly (and predictable) fluctuations :D