Protein shake

Options
Can anyone recommend a good protein shake that is good for women ?I am not getting enough protein in my diet . Any recommendations will be helpful . Thank you !

Replies

• PaulaWallaDingDong
    PaulaWallaDingDong Posts: 4,641 Member
    edited August 2016
    Options
    There is no difference between men's protein and women's protein except price. It's a marketing gimmick.

I like EAS vanilla 100% whey protein. 30g protein and 160 calories per 42g (2 scoop) serving, which makes 8oz mixed with water. I make 2 servings in my blender bottle, throw in some benefiber and take a few swigs throughout the day when I get munchy.
  • dkginger
    dkginger Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    I like bodylogix. Minimal ingredients, affordable. Get it on Amazon.
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    Why don't you get enough? How much protein ARE you getting? Most people can get enough through food. There are no protein shakes especially for women - there are some that are marketed at women, more expensive than others, because they come in pink bottles, and clearly that marketing works, but luckily it doesn't work better than you need to ask around, and that's great, so you don't have to be scammed.
  • StealthHealth
    StealthHealth Posts: 2,417 Member
    Options
    pink ones.
  • rainbowbow
    rainbowbow Posts: 7,490 Member
    edited August 2016
    Options
    There is no such thing as protein for women. Is there chicken for women? Or fish made just for women?

In any case, go to a local store or order a bunch of samples from bodybuilding.com Personal preferance for taste will be different for everyone.
  • Dayle1984
    Dayle1984 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    I use Isoflex Chocolate ... I like it. I've tried many and found most of them gross.
  • Ibee_4_life
    Ibee_4_life Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Thank you everyone ! I always saw protein shakes advertisement targeted for women and I thought there is a specific one for women . I am going to try your suggestions
  • Ibee_4_life
    Ibee_4_life Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    No matter how much I try eating more protein , MFP dairy states that I am still under . I can seem to get more than 30 grams of protein a day .
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    That doesn't sound right. Open your diary - set to "public - http://www.myfitnesspal.com/account/diary_settings
  • chrissparkyzx
    chrissparkyzx Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I use Herbalife. Tastes delightful. Has over 10 flavors. And also dose a version sponsered by free form. And the NHS are backing some of their products in blood banks. Good luck choosing a flavour. Feel free to ask for more advice.
  • rainbowbow
    rainbowbow Posts: 7,490 Member
    Options
    I use Herbalife. Tastes delightful. Has over 10 flavors. And also dose a version sponsered by free form. And the NHS are backing some of their products in blood banks. Good luck choosing a flavour. Feel free to ask for more advice.

:neutral: ahuh
  • medic2038
    medic2038 Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    No matter how much I try eating more protein , MFP dairy states that I am still under . I can seem to get more than 30 grams of protein a day .

Trouble eating 30g worth? That's really not all that much!

My dinners are usually 8-12oz of meat and come in at 60-80+g of protein.

I do a protein shake almost every day too though. I like Scivation, which you can get as smart powder's off label brand on their website (it's $15-20 cheaper getting it that way).