Pigged out 4th week

Options
I'm sad to admit that one cheat day on my forth week on mfp prolonged for 5 days.
I had lost 8 pounds in three weeks but I'm afraid I have gained some back.
Tomorrows a new day....hope to make up for the beginning of this week and continue this life changing journey to a healthier me.
Of course I need God to guide me through every step of the way ...one day at a time

Replies

• Hearts_2015
    Hearts_2015 Posts: 12,031 Member
    Options
    It happens. Like you shared tomorrow is a fresh start. That's why cheat days can be dangerous, they definitely don't work for me. Don't beat yourself up, just pre-plan your day for tomorrow and several days beyond that and it'll go smoother that way. :smiley:
  • SLLRunner
    SLLRunner Posts: 12,942 Member
    Options
    It sounds like life got a bit stressful or something. Don't be too hard on yourself, and be sure to move on to that new day!
  • Preet2drop100nMore
    Preet2drop100nMore Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Thank you @Hearts_2015 & @SLLRunner
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    Maybe decrease your deficit so you don't feel so deprived that you end up piggying out.
  • Preet2drop100nMore
    Options
    @Francl27 your right
    But it's actually my fault. I choose to eat low nutrition-high calorie foods and that didn't fill my hunger and I kept eating.
  • seska422
    seska422 Posts: 3,217 Member
    Options
    It's tough at the beginning to find a balance. You learn as you go.

I aim for about 80% of my calories from nutrient-rich foods. That leaves about 20% of calories to eat any treat foods that I want.
  • paulbrttn
    paulbrttn Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Don't beat yourself up for "going wrong", congratulate yourself that of the last month 75% was better than it used to be and you recognised you'd gone off track.
    I intended to have a cheat weekend before that turned into 3 months so you've done better than I did. But I've still lost 30lb since the beginning of the year and am right back on course.
  • JustMissTracy
    JustMissTracy Posts: 6,338 Member
    Options
    yup, let it go...after a few months, you'll see the trend...if you're going over too often, you'll see that...but chances are your bender won't even affect the trend, will be just a teenie blip. Start again, every day!
  • CasperNaegle
    CasperNaegle Posts: 936 Member
    Options
    Just get back on the horse again. Keep in mind that calories are not really just daily. If you are over on a day you can cut back the next couple to smooth it out. It's OK to enjoy life and eat more than you need to sometimes. This should be life time journey not a sprint.
  • eIIekay
    eIIekay Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    *hugs* i was doing that for years before i (re)joined MFP. Today is a new day :) Allow yourself treats, if you need it, and don't try to eat too little.
  • meritage4
    meritage4 Posts: 1,441 Member
    Options
    so quit beating yourself up and move on. You can't change the past but you can choose what you eat and do today.
  • AliceDark
    AliceDark Posts: 3,886 Member
    edited August 2016
    Options
    paulbrttn wrote: »
    Don't beat yourself up for "going wrong", congratulate yourself that of the last month 75% was better than it used to be and you recognised you'd gone off track.
    I think about it in this way too. Compared to the previous month (where you may have had, what, 10-15% "good" days?), this month you had 75% good days. That's an incredible improvement! Well done :)

Also, FWIW, this is why I make room for dessert every day and don't use full-blown cheat days. (I have maybe 4 true cheat days per year, and they're all major holidays).
  • sijomial
    sijomial Posts: 19,811 Member
    Options
    If you learn something from the experience it wasn't a waste of time.
    Tomorrow is a new day.
  • Preet2drop100nMore
    Options
    :) thank you everyone
    I did better today
    I was tempted but I fought through.
    Stayed within my daily calories