Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Budget and Fitness

2»

Replies

• sgt1372
    sgt1372 Posts: 3,996 Member
    No current gym fees but I've "invested" over $5k in gym equipment over the years which is a small fraction of my net worth and far less thsn I've spent on other "hobbies."
  • DarthJader89
    DarthJader89 Posts: 213 Member
    My gym membership is $10 a month, and I sporadically spend on gym clothes and budget for a healthier diet ($300/month for 2 people)
  • NorthCascades
    NorthCascades Posts: 10,968 Member
    My fitness bands cost $15, I'm probably about to buy another set; you can actually make it pretty hard if you stack enough bands. My current bike cost $2,000. The handlebars were another $350 and the pedals I got on sale for $1,300 which was a steal. A few weeks ago Beth and I got a hotel in the Methow Valley for a few days so I could ride the bike over Loup Loup Pass. The "gym" stuff is pretty cheap in the grand scheme of things.
  • BrunetteRunner87
    BrunetteRunner87 Posts: 591 Member
    I'm guessing 13-15 percent if you use my income after taxes, but it's hard to estimate how much I spend on equipment/clothes/shoes. But I do crossfit, have a regular gym membership, do yoga, and am also part of a run club that isn't free.
  • pomegranatecloud
    pomegranatecloud Posts: 812 Member
    Less than 1%, but not including clothes.
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 25,435 Member
    kevinf2380 wrote: »
    How much of your income would you say you spend on your fitness?

A lot. Quite a high percentage.

Clothing
    Bicycles
    Gym memberships
    Travelling
    Food
    Equipment
    Event fees

It all adds up! :) But it's worth it.
  • troytroy11
    troytroy11 Posts: 180 Member
    Less than 1% if even that. Gym membership is free with my health insurance plan and my employer pays most of that.
    The only supplement I ever purchase is whey protein and that is 20 bucks a month and I use that for breakfast so I got to eat anyway.
    I may be even saving money because I could be buying more expensive breakfast if it weren't for that.
  • niblue
    niblue Posts: 339 Member
    Not a lot because I'm not a member of a gym and all my running and cycling stuff was bought ages back.
  • Ws2016
    Ws2016 Posts: 432 Member
    $73 a month.
  • lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
    More than I care to admit, but how much are extra years and a pain free life worth?
  • SolotoCEO
    SolotoCEO Posts: 293 Member
    A couple of hundred of dollars a year - good walking shoes, 5k/10k entrance fees, etc. I have a stationary bike and kettle bells at home and our community has a fitness center.
  • StealthHealth
    StealthHealth Posts: 2,417 Member
    lorrpb wrote: »
    More than I care to admit, but how much are extra years and a pain free life worth?

Totally!
  • indiacaitlin
    indiacaitlin Posts: 691 Member
    Not much at all - cancelled my gym membership and do all my workouts at home as I have a treadmill that was given to me second hand. I have a dumbbell set and some other weight machines all gifted to me and if I fancy changing things up a bit I do a bodyweight HIIT session, also at home!

I spend A LOT on food though.... :#