Fitbit Step Calories & Exercise Calories

Options
hi all. i'm doing couch to 10k just now and wear a fitbit at all times. my brain cant get round something... MFP syncs with my fitbit so if it tracks say 12,000 steps and i earn calories from that and then i log running and earn calories from that, am i doubling up on calories earned? should i log 1 and not the other?

hopefully that makes sense lol

thanks in advance

Replies

• minniestar55
    minniestar55 Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    I use my Fitbit for exercise, MFP for logging food & general oversight. I don't log exercise as I use the FitBit when starting & ending a run/walk/workout. So you are double logging the exercise by manually logging it.
  • gillie80
    gillie80 Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    thanks Miniestar. thinking about it now i think the exercise is logged via my fitbit. my brain must have switched off for a bit there.
  • x_Vicky_x_86
    x_Vicky_x_86 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I'm having a similar issue, but it's more that i am worried the Fitbit isn't accurate in counting my steps, I am on my feet all day so I probably do do quite a lot, and walk the dog after work, but when it says I've burnt 1500 roughly each day that's like my entire calorie limit I first started with, I couldn't possibly eat all them back??
  • shahrzadghannad101
    Options
    I think you can eat all them burned calories but if u leave a little , u will loose weight faster
  • x_Vicky_x_86
    x_Vicky_x_86 Posts: 37 Member
    edited August 2016
    Options
    Wow really, well it says I've burned 1670 today (not sure if that's accurate) and my limit is 1400 roughly, I'm not so sure if I believe I have burnt over what I've eaten so far today but who knows, hard to track by a wrist tracker I think even with the HR monitor