Calling all Moms!

Options
Bedg
Bedg Posts: 32 Member
I'm going to say it.... we are a special bunch. We work. we cook. we clean. We are usually the backbone and life blood of our families. I'm not knocking the dads (they have their stresses too) but being a mom can be a huge challenge when trying to lose weight and maintain a healthy life style. Please friend me, moms! I need folks that understand the temptation that strikes at the end of the day when I'm cleaning up the dinner dishes. Thanks!

Replies

• Angelajeanmcmahan85
    Angelajeanmcmahan85 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I'm new here so I'm not sure how to friend ya but hey, names Angela, I'm 31 w a 13 yr old son and 3 month old daughter! I've also noticed how at the end of the day I want to snack on EVERYTHING lol
  • EveHan67
    EveHan67 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Mama of 4 here, and I'm starting over again after a few years of gain :/
  • Angelajeanmcmahan85
    Options
    Hey Eve... you and me both girl! I gained 50+ lbs this past pregnancy along w c-section.
  • talisalyn
    talisalyn Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Gained 70 lbs after having my son. Finally losing it. Have lost around 40 lbs so far. Still have around 80ish to go. Feel free to add me.
  • EveHan67
    Options
    Unfortunately, I'm about the same weight now as I was when I delivered my youngest, but gonna turn it around!
  • Angelajeanmcmahan85
    Options
    I'm wanting to tone up, lose 15-20 lbs at the most... what's bothering me the most is the "cottage cheese" of the back of my thighs, butts bit saggy, and my gut is a hanging flab... I am so unhappy putting on blue jeans but I don't dare wear the yoga pants either. 5 years back I could wear whatever I wanted to but stress led to depression and that birth control shot caused me to gain about 35lbs... I'm just wanting to look n feel healthy at the least but w a hernia at the moment... my journey is starting w baby steps:/
  • EveHan67
    Options
    I want to lose 30lbs , but the bad thing is, this time last year, I was THERE. I have let myself go sooo much, its depressing!
  • CMayBos
    CMayBos Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Mama of two here, a 5.5 month old and a just-turned-terrible-2! Just started tracking two weeks ago and 2lb down... 38ish more to go!! :)
  • kescobar27
    kescobar27 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi, (new to this app) little about me. I was at my ideal weight 7 years ago. 4 years ago I had my first son and it took me a year to get motivated to lose the weight. I lost a good amount, got married and we got pregnant with my second son who is now 1. As soon as I had him I started back working out and then somewhere along the way I fell off the wagon super hard and im at heaviest. I want to lose 60 pounds. I know it's not going to happen over night. But today was day 1 back at the gym and have been eating healthy. It's very depressing that I'm this big
  • Angelajeanmcmahan85
    Options
    Being a mother, especially of more than a single child can be overwhelming in itself. I'm having to really make myself buckle down n not goto the fridge every time I get the chance. What was working for you to lose the 30? I'd like to lose more than what I said above but I don't want to plan too far ahead I suppose
  • tcunbeliever
    tcunbeliever Posts: 8,219 Member
    Options
    My youngest are middle/high school now, so other than attitude things are getting so much easier!
  • Angelajeanmcmahan85
    Options
    I'm the heaviest I've ever been now, I'm still trying to accept this. As I get bigger, my man gets better looking n more in shape lol he's never put me down or even complained. It's me that's complaining. I'm not willing to let it go any further bc as I'm the heaviest my self esteem is literally at its lowest
  • EveHan67
    Options
    Being a mother, especially of more than a single child can be overwhelming in itself. I'm having to really make myself buckle down n not goto the fridge every time I get the chance. What was working for you to lose the 30? I'd like to lose more than what I said above but I don't want to plan too far ahead I suppose

I ate a lot less, and lifted, walked, and spent a lot of time on my exercise bike. Before I got prego, I had just lost 50lbs by doing the same thing. started at 198, got down to 148, got prego, got up to 165, then after I had her I got down to 130, now in the 150's again :s disgusted with myself for letting that go!

• Angelajeanmcmahan85
    Options
    You really not that far off though... honestly. My average weight through the past 3-6 years was around 140-150 depending on the season but after the birth control shot I got up to 175-180. At the day of delivery I was up to 213; ( and now 3 months later I can say my clothes aren't as painfully tight but they darn sure don't fit either lol but I've yet to get on a scare bc it is sooo disappointing. You can get back to it, just got stick w the positive thoughts and have friends to support ya through your good n bad days.
  • Bedg
    Bedg Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I love hearing the mommy stories. I feel like I can relate to them all!
  • bdmarino
    bdmarino Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    My kids are older too. Eldest is adopted and gained 60lb with my first live birth and 62 with the second. Lost most of it with both but have had a difficult time keeping it off. I recently started CrossFit and now am using this ap to take off the rest of the weight. My crossfit trainers are great because they push me but keep me from hurting myself! they adjust the work out for what I can do but keep increasing it the longer I work out. Even at my age (50's), I am steadily gaining muscle, improving posture and increasing strength. Strength building is important at all ages because after 35y, your muscle mass declines unless you are doing something to increase it and that leads to frailty!