First month how many pounds lost?

Options
VanessaLins90
VanessaLins90 Posts: 22 Member
edited August 2016 in Health and Weight Loss
How many pounds you lost on your first month? And what u did to lose?

Replies

• jvtchong
    jvtchong Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    I'm still in my first month. Day 19 and 3 lbs lost so far. I changed that I log food daily, make weekly meal plans instead of going from day to day and try to make most of my meals from scratch. Upped my veggie and fruit intake and stopped eating white bread. Haven't changed my exercise by much, but do try to be active at least 4 times a week.
  • minime0424
    minime0424 Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    If I remember correctly, I lost 9 pounds my first month ;)
  • trigden1991
    trigden1991 Posts: 4,658 Member
    Options
    Ate less, moved more and hit 12lbs in the first month. I expect that 4-6lbs of this were initial water and glycogen lost though.
  • JustMissTracy
    JustMissTracy Posts: 6,338 Member
    Options
    I lost 7 lbs the first month...eating at a deficit and working out 4-5 times a week. 3-4 cardio, 1-2 weight sessions...
  • VeryKatie
    VeryKatie Posts: 5,953 Member
    Options
    I think* 11ish? It was a while ago... Maybe it was 8.
  • VanessaLins90
    VanessaLins90 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Up
  • stephaniej2888
    stephaniej2888 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    I lost about 13 lbs my first month but I went from eating out all the time, fast food, sodas, hardly working out, etc. To eating 100% healthy, cutting out all sugary drinks and working out on a daily basis. After that initial month it slowed down to the typical 1-2 lbs per week
  • Ricksh1000
    Ricksh1000 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    10lbs with calorie deficit and gym (bike & weights)
  • caradack1985
    caradack1985 Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    14lbs, I ate at a deficit.
  • wiferichie1
    wiferichie1 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I just had to revamp my diet, and am 10 days in now. I'm at 8 lbs lost. However I'm about 2 lbs from my usual stuck zone, so it will probably plateau for a couple weeks once I hit that mark.
  • adamyovanovich
    adamyovanovich Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    19 first month, im almost at 3 months and im down 37. I cut 1500 cal a day from my maintain goal.
  • BrunetteRunner87
    BrunetteRunner87 Posts: 591 Member
    Options
  • sandflower81
    sandflower81 Posts: 399 Member
    Options
    I believe it was 10 lbs.
  • JCSaphire
    JCSaphire Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    duddysdad wrote: »
    The first month I lost 22.2 pounds. I was 340 pounds at 6'5". That was all calorie deficit, no exercise. I lost a total of 155 pounds in 8.5 months.

That's 18 pounds a month, what were you doing?
  • hjlourenshj
    hjlourenshj Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    22 lost first month, cut 1400 from maintain a day.
  • zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,136 Member
    Options
    20#. Ate less with portion control.
  • LynnBBQ72
    LynnBBQ72 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    4 pounds. Started at 222, ending now at 218. But I have a lot of muscle and I can see the muscles coming in under the fat, so I think the muscle is holding on to water because it isn't used to working out. I've lost several inches in that month, though.
  • SoUl_ReBeL2021
    SoUl_ReBeL2021 Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    1 week and have lost 6 pounds , just watching my calorie intake and exercising a couple times a week.
  • grinning_chick
    grinning_chick Posts: 765 Member
    edited August 2016
    Options
    I set my weight loss at a pound a week and when all the monthly weight fluctuations were said and done, I lost a little more than four pounds in four weeks. Works for me. :)

How? Meticulously weighed, verified calorie counts, and logged daily caloric intake. Still struggling to fall within 50-100 calories of my BMR set daily goal, but hey; I'm not eating 3-6K calories a day, every day, like I was before so it is paying off. Zero change in activity level, which was/still is effectively zero.