Which Fitbit? or iWatch?

Options
So I started my weight loss journey about 5 months ago, and have been sold relying on the calorie counters on the machines at the gym. I have lost 17lb in doing so but within the last month-month and a half my weight loss has slowed dramatically as I only have about 11lb left to reach my goal weight. I know this will be a lot harder to reach, which is why I have been considering getting a Fitbit or iWatch. I know there are many different types that track heart rate and how many calories burned. I just want to know which one would be the best one for weight loss? Or should I go the iWatch route? I do not really care or need one that shows time, text messages, calendars, or any of that, which is why I was considering the Fitbit instead. Just need some suggestions!!

Replies

• Bigell234
    Bigell234 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    A Fitbit is more than good enough if you get one like the charge hr so it can do your heart rate also
  • StaciMarie1974
    StaciMarie1974 Posts: 4,138 Member
    Options
    It depends. Spend some time thinking about what feature you want. There are lots of options on the market now. Do you want it on the wrist or not? Need water proof, water resistant, or neither? Want it to track more than steps/distance? Sleep, flights of stairs, etc.?
  • goron59
    goron59 Posts: 890 Member
    Options
    Apple watch isn't waterproof, doesn't track sleep, and only lasts a day on battery/normal use (I new one is due out soon, so maybe that will be fixed).
    There are Fitbits that do more and clearly are more fitness focused.
    Personally, I use a Pebble Time smartwatch. Steps/Sleep, waterproof, lasts at least 5 days without a recharge. The new one out in a month or two has HR monitor built in.
    A big consideration is whether you want to get locked into a particular technology ecosystem or not. Pebble + iPhone or Android is just fine. Fitbit is a bit of a closed system and can be hard to use the data in other apps.

Given you don't need the features of a smartwatch, I'd say Fitbit or something from Withings or similar is a good idea.
  • NurseKristi81
    NurseKristi81 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    <3 my fitbit!
  • AlyssaPetsDogs
    AlyssaPetsDogs Posts: 421 Member
    edited August 2016
    Options
    I love my Fitbit blaze. I had the charge hr before than and loved it. I recommend the blaze though. It does heart rate and everything the Hr The blaze also allows you check text messages and get calls which I love for when I'm away from my phone or in class when the phones are put away in bags (yes, I'm a rebel).
    I also love that you can customize it with different bands to make it look more classy! I got a rose gold wrist thing for like $15 on Amazon. Love it!

If you don't want to drop the extra money on the blaze, I recommend the charge hr! It's good, just doesn't do as much! It might be all you need though!
  • riley_kinnett
    riley_kinnett Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Got the charge HR, thanks guys!