any low cal treats that will fill u up?

Options
Hi everyone! recently i've been feeling kind of hungry so i find myself reaching for things i shouldnt to fill my stomach. I'm a really big foodie so i love any thing that tastes good. any suggestions on flavorful, low cal foods that will fill me up?

Replies

• officiallymrswhite
    officiallymrswhite Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    i love baby carrots!!
  • ladybugss
    ladybugss Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    bump for later. I had some carrots and hummus today. it was yummy
  • swetha1234
    swetha1234 Posts: 35
    Options
    Thanks! the carrots with hummus sounds delicious!
    do u guys have any suggestions for dinner meals?
  • Christinemary6
    Christinemary6 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    I clean my teeth for a while; eating with ultra clean teeth is somehow less appealing! It may not work for you, but it seems to work for me.....most of the time! when it doesn't, I eat plain yoghurt.

I hope it helps!:bigsmile:
  • j_courter
    j_courter Posts: 999 Member
    Options
    sometimes when i'm hungry, i try a tall glass of water first. if that doesn't help, i like cucumbers, organic baby carrots (they taste MUCH better!), sugar snap peas, popcorn, and occasionally half a sweet and salty almond/dark chocolate granola bar. if i'm really craving chocolate, i've found that brushing my teeth or eating a dill pickle often curbs that craving.

best of luck!
  • swetha1234
    Options
    i like the brushing your teeth idea! very clever!
  • destiny637
    destiny637 Posts: 79
    Options
    I love Pure Protein Bars. Super good and low in sugar (which many protein bars are not). :)
  • Phanessa917
    Phanessa917 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    I like to eat watermelon, cantaloupe, cucumbers, strawberries... all healthy. There's yogurt (80-100 cal) If I want some chocolate, I've got my 80 cal choc pudding :)
  • grimms11208
    grimms11208 Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    Cheese sticks are only about 110 calories. They taste good and are a good source of protein!
  • MrsRobertson1005
    MrsRobertson1005 Posts: 552 Member
    Options
    anything with a lot of protein will help fill you up
  • LessMe2B
    LessMe2B Posts: 316
    Options
    90 calorie cheese sticks, the cheddar/mozz swirl kind....yummy :tongue:
  • Iluvcheezits
    Iluvcheezits Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Watermelon - I eat it only for dinner sometimes - Ha!

You can log a whole watermelon and still be doing pretty good :) Sure you're groaning from bloat but no pain no gain
  • DebraBurson
    Options
    I like to dip frozen strawberries (1Cup for 50 Cal.) in Hershey's Sugar Free Chocolate Syrup (2Tbsp. for 15 Cal.).
    Sliced red bell pepper (salted) - it satisfies lots of cravings; sweet, crunch, spicy, juicy...
  • yesenia195p
    yesenia195p Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Quaker rice cakes (chocolate drizzle) - 90 calories and filling...and OH SO GOOD!
  • Dahlface13
    Dahlface13 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I am eating my afternoon snack right now, celery sticks and hummus! I frequently pack myself some mini babybel cheese and grapes or an apple, so yummy!
  • zyle
    zyle Posts: 34
    Options
    Vlasic Kosher Dill Spears zero Calories
  • menchi
    menchi Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    Watermelon is one of the lower cal fruits and the water+fiber fills you up. Strawberries also work. Plus they make me happy.

:flowerforyou: Definitely agree with drinking a glass of water along with your snack. :drinker:

Lightly steamed broccoli is awesome. Great nutrition, low cal, filling, plenty of fibers. If you like it with dip like ranch, a good alternative is low-fat plain yogurt with some seasoning salt (or your personal mix of powdered onion/garlic/salt/etc).
  • swetha1234
    Options
    mmmm! all these suggestions sound great! i cant wait to try them!
  • laurstarks
    laurstarks Posts: 35
    Options
    baby carrots/peppers/cucumbers with light ranch dressing or whatever light dip you prefer! hummus is also very healthy, but i think it's an acquired taste.
    edamame
    certain fruits fill me up more than others (apples, grapes, bananas)
    handful of almonds