I've Come to a stand still :-(

Options
Hi all,
I'm not new to dieting! I gain and lose after every baby!
I had my fourth child last year. Over 15 months I've lost 15kg. I stop and start depending on my moods. I can lose 5kg in about 5-6 weeks.
But now, I've just done 4 weeks but for TWO weeks my weight hasn't moved!! At all! Stuck at 95.5kg!
I thought I'd start slimfast two weeks ago. I wasn't happy after one week because I was always hungry. So I'm just having one for breakfast only and using my other calories on food. I've been aiming for 1300 calories a day. Whilst on slimfast twice a day I probably wasn't having enough calories. But now I am!! I'm eating really well I think!! Trying to avoid carbohydrates.
What's going wrong??? Please help! Just want to quit now and eat rubbish again!!!!!

Replies

• Lauramumto4
    Lauramumto4 Posts: 21 Member
    edited August 2016
    Options
    I'm not great at drinking water but the last few days I've been making an effort. I've had over a litre each day.
    Also exercise is difficult because I have 4 young children. I try once or twice a week to get our for a walk with just baby in the pram.
  • Bonny132
    Bonny132 Posts: 3,617 Member
    Options
    If you are trying to avoid carbohydrates I suggest you read up on LCHF and Slimfast has a fair amount of carbs btw. Personally I find a few carbs and more proteins and fat keeps me full and satiated. BUT we are all different. As you get older your body reacts differently. What worked for you in the past might not work now, and you might find you need to experiment a bit to find out what will work for you.
  • Vegplotter
    Vegplotter Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    You haven't lost weight for two weeks? Perhaps it's the time of the month?
    I wouldn't recommend Slimfast. It's a very expensive way to buy powdered milk. (Ok they add a few colourings and sugar and some vitamins too!)
    Why not make your own nutritious breakfast smoothie?
    100ml full milk
    1/2 ripe banana (for the potassium)
    1/2 peach/apple/pear (any fruit really)
    1/2oz organic rolled oats (for fibre)
    Blitz with a food processor! Delicious, nutritious, balanced and far better for you than a factory product. Add a spoonful of Greek yogurt if you like it thicker.
  • Vegplotter
    Vegplotter Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    By the way avoiding wholemeal and wholegrain carbs is a sure way to get constipation. Perhaps that is your problem? (Sorry to lower the tone)