Help: I'm not losing weight!

Options
Hi, I'm 33yo M and weigh 270lbs, I've been on MFP for a few years, and I originally lost 65lbs in 5 months, no exercise just calorie control and a little more active at work, since then I've managed to fluctuate up and down 20lbs over the last 4 years, most recently at my lowest weight in December 15.

since that I put on 28lb so I hit it hard again only this time I've got a personal trainer to help me, because of my arthritis I have to stay away from high impact exercises and focus on resistance and high reps, for the last 4 weeks my calories have been a consistent 1500 average per day even at weekend's I work out between 4-5 times a week and I work 12 hours a day. I've lost 7lb in weight and gained 4lb of muscle, that's 11lb, before Xmas I lost 10lb with just calorie control. It's hard to stay motivated when 20 gym sessions = 1lb of weight loss. Added with the fact I've lost nothing on my waist , 1 inch in my chest, and 1 inch on my *kitten* lol.

P.S my macro count is at 45% Protein 25% fat 30% carbs

Can anyone tell me what I'm doing wrong, what can I do to get some results because these results have devastated me!

Replies

• melissalatzel25
    melissalatzel25 Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    quit those nasty hormonal cruel animal products and eat abundantly on a high carb low fat plantiful lifestyle =D
    check instagram #whatveganseat #hclf #ctfu and watch youtubers like bonny rebecca, izzy davis, rawvana for inspo :)
  • RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm 33yo M and weigh 270lbs, I've been on MFP for a few years, and I originally lost 65lbs in 5 months, no exercise just calorie control and a little more active at work, since then I've managed to fluctuate up and down 20lbs over the last 4 years, most recently at my lowest weight in December 15.

since that I put on 28lb so I hit it hard again only this time I've got a personal trainer to help me, because of my arthritis I have to stay away from high impact exercises and focus on resistance and high reps, for the last 4 weeks my calories have been a consistent 1500 average per day even at weekend's I work out between 4-5 times a week and I work 12 hours a day. I've lost 7lb in weight and gained 4lb of muscle, that's 11lb, before Xmas I lost 10lb with just calorie control. It's hard to stay motivated when 20 gym sessions = 1lb of weight loss. Added with the fact I've lost nothing on my waist , 1 inch in my chest, and 1 inch on my *kitten* lol.

P.S my macro count is at 45% Protein 25% fat 30% carbs

Can anyone tell me what I'm doing wrong, what can I do to get some results because these results have devastated me!

First off, if the first bolded sentence is absolutely 100% true, you have lost 3 pounds in 4 weeks not 1 pound. That is a loss.

Secondly the next bold sentence says you have lost nothing on the waist, but 1" in the chest and 1" in your glutes. This = fat loss.

You are trying to loose weight and gain muscle at the same time or just loose weight? How are you measuring that you gained 4 pounds of muscle in 4 weeks?

Are you saying the calorie counting is keeping you from loosing weight? Meaning you do better by using the previous method you were using in the past?

Next if 1500 calories is indeed what you need to be eating to loose X pounds a week, are you using a food scale to weigh your food that you consume each day and 100% positive you are staying with in that deficit? It sounds like you are eating a maintenance at best, with or without a really small deficit = you are recomping.

If you are new lifting weights I can see newbie muscle gains have occurred, but if you are not a newbie lifter I would double check 4 pounds of muscle is what you gained in 4 weeks while eating a deficit or maintenance.

• seamusmcloughlin
    seamusmcloughlin Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi, yeah I religiously weigh my food, even to the point I weigh my salad leaves for lunch, my chicken is weighed and the breasts are averaging 150g after weighing 25 of them, other than chicken eggs, (scrambled/boiled only) salad with no sauces/coleslaw and veg with chicken or fresh fish for dinner, like I said I'm at a complete loss as to my bad results, even my trainer can't explain it, before this I use to say if you're not losing you're eating too much, I'm now cutting back on my veg for dinner and my making my salad smaller