New & doing Extreme Cycle carb cycling/macro counting by the Powells- anyone else?

Options
DiveH2O
DiveH2O Posts: 1 Member
Hello!

I am new to MFP and attempting to use it as recommended by Heidi Powell on the Extreme Carb Cycling program in their new book Extreme Transformation. I'm trying to use MFP to help track my own macros so I can try to create new meals and other things that are not in their book. I have a hard time with snacks on the go and balancing what I should/shouldn't be eating on high/low carb days, etc. If there's anyone else out there- let me know! I'm still figuring all of this out :)

Heather

Replies

• GaleHawkins
    GaleHawkins Posts: 8,159 Member
    Options
    @DiveH2O it sounds like you are at the right place to be tracking your macros. Until we count we seldom know how much of what we are eating. MFP is many things to many different people and I am sure you will find that true in your case. Welcome and best of success.
  • casccw
    casccw Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Hi yes I'm back carb and calorie cycling - I do count cals and macros I follow
    The burn the fat feed the muscle program where I do low carb on rest days (under 50 gram) twice a week then medium days about 150 gram carbs with only 1 high about 250 gram a week at the moment until I lean out more. I've used it to cut previously and is effective. I go for a conservative half a kg per week loss. Some weeks I don't drop scale weight but still drop fat. The high day I eat about 20% over TDEE and medium days 500 cals under TDEE same with rest days. Fat stays about 50 grams and protein about 150gm which is 1gm Per pound of body weight. The leaner you get the more high days to incorporate