Body rebelling against being healthy ?

Options
kate141987
kate141987 Posts: 513 Member
I'm just wondering if Iv been feeling unwell because of all the changes iv made recently. I have completely changed my diet to healthy eating, drink lots of water and recently started making the transition to being veggie.

I also started exercising a few days a week. At the start I felt better than ever losing weight and more energy but iv recently started getting my anxiety back (not as bad as before) headaches, stabbing pains in my head. And most worryingly my lips, bottom lip to be precise, (on my face to be more precise, lol) turned a shade of blue/purple. Went to hospital to get checked out the doctor thinks iv got neuralgia, a pinched nerve in my head. But I'm not totally convinced, wondering if it could be connected to all my recent lifestyle changes.

Anyone experienced this since trying to get healthy and more active ?

Replies

• TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    kate141987 wrote: »
    I'm just wondering if Iv been feeling unwell because of all the changes iv made recently. I have completely changed my diet to healthy eating, drink lots of water and recently started making the transition to being veggie.

I also started exercising a few days a week. At the start I felt better than ever losing weight and more energy but iv recently started getting my anxiety back (not as bad as before) headaches, stabbing pains in my head. And most worryingly my lips, bottom lip to be precise, (on my face to be more precise, lol) turned a shade of blue/purple. Went to hospital to get checked out the doctor thinks iv got neuralgia, a pinched nerve in my head. But I'm not totally convinced, wondering if it could be connected to all my recent lifestyle changes.

Anyone experienced this since trying to get healthy and more active ?

see another doctor if you aren't happy with your diagnosis.
  • MsAmandaNJ
    MsAmandaNJ Posts: 1,248 Member
    Options
    Looking at your diary, you recently reduced your daily goal by 300 calories, which seems like a lot to me (when MFP adjusts mine, it's not nearly that much). I'm unable to see your nutrition summary. Are you getting proper nutrition? It could be the change in your diet (not getting enough of what your body requires to remain healthy) or that pinched nerve the doctor diagnosed. I agree, if you want a second medical opinion, see another doctor.
  • kate141987
    Options
    They checked my oxygen levels throughout the night and blood pressure so they didn't know what caused the blue/purple lip. Except it might be cos I was worked up, they said your mouth n fingers can actually turn blue due to stress. I don't think I was THAT stressed lol.

They checked my heart n lungs said they were fine but didn't do bloods or a scan of my head, they said they don't like exposing people to radiation. Oh well hope everything's ok then lol

My experience and the same as many people I know is that doctors don't carry out many tests it all comes down to guess work and basic examinations. Thanks for the replies I'm just gona keep an eye on things and go back to doc if I need to :)
  • kate141987
    Options
    Lol well....luckily for me the lip is back to normal. Can't believe I missed a selfie opportunity :neutral:
  • TavistockToad
    Options
    They checked my oxygen levels throughout the night and blood pressure so they didn't know what caused the blue/purple lip. Except it might be cos I was worked up, they said your mouth n fingers can actually turn blue due to stress. I don't think I was THAT stressed lol.

They checked my heart n lungs said they were fine but didn't do bloods or a scan of my head, they said they don't like exposing people to radiation. Oh well hope everything's ok then lol

My experience and the same as many people I know is that doctors don't carry out many tests it all comes down to guess work and basic examinations. Thanks for the replies I'm just gona keep an eye on things and go back to doc if I need to :)

its not entirely guess work, doctors do study a tiny bit to become doctors in the first place....
  • kate141987
    Options

its not entirely guess work, doctors do study a tiny bit to become doctors in the first place....

Yeah I know I'm sure they know more than the average person but my bf dad has been seriously sick in the hospital for almost 2 weeks, he had to take himself there after numerous doctors sent him home with anti sickness tablets or tablets for indigestion. Turns out he needs an operation so they don't always get it right
  • TavistockToad
    Options

Yeah I know I'm sure they know more than the average person but my bf dad has been seriously sick in the hospital for almost 2 weeks, he had to take himself there after numerous doctors sent him home with anti sickness tablets or tablets for indigestion. Turns out he needs an operation so they don't always get it right

i never said they did
  • kate141987
    Options
    I'm sure most doctors know exactly what they are looking for but without performing an actual test some of it is guesswork, but educated guesses.

Iv got nothing but respect for doctors and the profession but I hope I don't need to see another 1 for a very long time lol
  • cee134
    cee134 Posts: 33,711 Member
    Options
    2nd opinions are good.
  • kate141987
    Options
    Just a quick update...
    I can't believe this

Turns out the blue shade on my lips was actually some type of transfer from using my e cig ! My bf was over and my lip looked blue again, he took a wet wipe and cleaned it, I was in shock tbh cos iv never had a mark left on my lip from using the e cig before, strange.

And iv not had anymore headaches thankfully, maybe it was just a random sharp pain but it did happen quite a few times. No wonder I was worried, anyway I couldn't stop laughing that I spent the night in hospital thinking something was terribly wrong when all I had was a dirty lip :neutral:

One thing iv learnt from this, don't use google to check symptoms, it scares you to death and into a panic. Also considering chucking the e cig, the metal mouth part shouldn't be staining your lip..
  • Dannigreen31
    Dannigreen31 Posts: 557 Member
    Options
    Google is the worst. Iv worked myself up into real panics before haha but the e cig thing is quite funny!
    Headaches are quite common when first changing lifestyle I think..read a lot of people complaining about them
  • kate141987
    Options
    Yeah Google said I might have a brain tumour ! Combine that with a blue lip and I'm in full on freak out mode lol

I will have to speak to my doctor cos that will be on my record now that I had a blue lip need to let them know I didn't, slightly embarrassing
  • kate141987
    Options
    Hahaha..no never had a cold sore in my life thank god anyway, back to my blue lip, iv now discovered that it's not entirely the ecigs fault, yes there was some discolouration from that, but some blue remains. I HAD to google lip discolouration, and turns out it's really normal especially for women, can be caused by hormonal changes or changes in lifestyle. Bingo !!

Now why didn't google have that as a possible first cause, instead of life threatening stuff. Anyway I'm not dying so I'm happy now :smile: