Budget and Fitness

Options
2»

Replies

• sgt1372
    sgt1372 Posts: 3,978 Member
    Options
    No current gym fees but I've "invested" over $5k in gym equipment over the years which is a small fraction of my net worth and far less thsn I've spent on other "hobbies."
  • DarthJader89
    DarthJader89 Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    My gym membership is $10 a month, and I sporadically spend on gym clothes and budget for a healthier diet ($300/month for 2 people)
  • NorthCascades
    NorthCascades Posts: 10,970 Member
    Options
    My fitness bands cost $15, I'm probably about to buy another set; you can actually make it pretty hard if you stack enough bands. My current bike cost $2,000. The handlebars were another $350 and the pedals I got on sale for $1,300 which was a steal. A few weeks ago Beth and I got a hotel in the Methow Valley for a few days so I could ride the bike over Loup Loup Pass. The "gym" stuff is pretty cheap in the grand scheme of things.
  • BrunetteRunner87
    BrunetteRunner87 Posts: 591 Member
    Options
    I'm guessing 13-15 percent if you use my income after taxes, but it's hard to estimate how much I spend on equipment/clothes/shoes. But I do crossfit, have a regular gym membership, do yoga, and am also part of a run club that isn't free.
  • pomegranatecloud
    pomegranatecloud Posts: 812 Member
    Options
    Less than 1%, but not including clothes.
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,885 Member
    Options
    kevinf2380 wrote: »
    How much of your income would you say you spend on your fitness?

A lot. Quite a high percentage.

Clothing
    Bicycles
    Gym memberships
    Travelling
    Food
    Equipment
    Event fees

It all adds up! :) But it's worth it.
  • troytroy11
    troytroy11 Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    Less than 1% if even that. Gym membership is free with my health insurance plan and my employer pays most of that.
    The only supplement I ever purchase is whey protein and that is 20 bucks a month and I use that for breakfast so I got to eat anyway.
    I may be even saving money because I could be buying more expensive breakfast if it weren't for that.
  • niblue
    niblue Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    Not a lot because I'm not a member of a gym and all my running and cycling stuff was bought ages back.
  • Ws2016
    Ws2016 Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    $73 a month.
  • lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
    Options
    More than I care to admit, but how much are extra years and a pain free life worth?
  • SolotoCEO
    SolotoCEO Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    A couple of hundred of dollars a year - good walking shoes, 5k/10k entrance fees, etc. I have a stationary bike and kettle bells at home and our community has a fitness center.
  • StealthHealth
    StealthHealth Posts: 2,417 Member
    Options
    lorrpb wrote: »
    More than I care to admit, but how much are extra years and a pain free life worth?

Totally!
  • indiacaitlin
    indiacaitlin Posts: 691 Member
    Options
    Not much at all - cancelled my gym membership and do all my workouts at home as I have a treadmill that was given to me second hand. I have a dumbbell set and some other weight machines all gifted to me and if I fancy changing things up a bit I do a bodyweight HIIT session, also at home!

I spend A LOT on food though.... :#