HRM?

Options
So, I was just wanting to know where everyone got their HRMs.

Replies

• angelaclev
    angelaclev Posts: 95
    Options
    Oh, and how much did you pay for it?
  • ironband
    ironband Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    I got my Polar M52 (older model, but works great!) on craigslist for $20.
  • Athena413
    Athena413 Posts: 1,709 Member
    Options
    I got mine at a local running store here in Joplin called The Run Around and it was around $90. It's a Garmin FR60 and I LOVE it! If you want a HRM at a really good price, try heartratemonitorsusa.com...they have very competitive prices and free shipping on a lot of items!
  • mhig011975
    mhig011975 Posts: 181
    Options
    I got a Timex Ironman HRM, at ****s Sports Goods for $112.
  • icesk8tr
    icesk8tr Posts: 3
    Options
    I have the Polar FT4 and I got it on Amazon for $76. I have been very happy with it!
  • Meglm1117
    Meglm1117 Posts: 70
    Options
    I actually just got my new HRM in the mail today....I had no idea what to go with so I was in the same boat as you. I went with best rated women's and the Ironman Race Trainer got the best ratings so I went with that. I bought it brand new on ebay for $103.
  • CorinthiaB
    CorinthiaB Posts: 488 Member
    Options
    I got my Polar F6 from sears.com and I think it was $89.
  • misscfe
    misscfe Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    I got a timex trainer at Academy, our local sports store for about $95. Most sports stores and places like best buy have them.
  • misscfe
    misscfe Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    I got a timex trainer at Academy, our local sports store for about $95. Most sports stores and places like best buy have them.
  • angelaclev
    angelaclev Posts: 95
    Options
    thanks! Very helpful!
  • springfan
    springfan Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    My husband bought my HRM at REI. It is a Polar FT60. He paid around $200 for it. I love the personal training program it has on it!
  • CorinthiaB
    CorinthiaB Posts: 488 Member
    Options
    HeartMonitors.com has some on sale.
  • Starlage
    Starlage Posts: 1,709 Member
    Options
    I got my gaiam HRM (comes with chest strap) for around $50 on ebay (like half the retail price!) and it works great!! It's really cute too :o) not bulky and sports watch-y
  • Picklepower
    Picklepower Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    I got a Polar FT4 from Sport's Authority and it was $89.99. Just used it for the first time too =)
  • askme12
    askme12 Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    Timex Personal Heart Rate Monitor watch (model T5G971) with the chest strap on Amazon for $43. I just checked the price and its actually cheaper right now $36. I'm pretty happy with it. it has everything I need.
  • demonNIИ
    demonNIИ Posts: 187
    Options
    Got mine at the Sports Authority for about $90 Polar FT4: ❤ it!!! easy to use. I had it about a month now
  • eates
    eates Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    I got my New Balance N4 at Target for $60ish
  • AlsDonkBoxSquat
    AlsDonkBoxSquat Posts: 6,128 Member
    Options
    I got a Polar FT40 on amazon for $115 yesterday, I'm really looking forward to getting it. I'm hoping it works at least as well as my Polar F11 did until its tragic accident :sad: .
  • dad106
    dad106 Posts: 4,868 Member
    Options
    I got mine off of drugstore.com for 79.99 and I have the Polar FT7.

If you haven't already, read this article on HRM's:
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/Azdak/view/the-real-facts-about-hrms-and-calories-what-you-need-to-know-before-purchasing-an-hrm-or-using-one-21472
  • demonNIИ
    demonNIИ Posts: 187
    Options
    I just read operating temp is 14 F to 122 F I guess I should stop wearing mine in the sauna.. hope I didn't damage it... I'm only in there 10 min or so at a time... anyone else wear theirs in the sauna?