4 weeks pp not losing weight :(

Options
I keep reading online how everyone's weight melts after having a baby. I am 23, 5'9 and eat 1600 calories per day because I am breastfeeding. I am not supposed to exercise until 6 weeks popcorn because I had a csection. What am I doing wrong?

Replies

• motolady11
    motolady11 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    LazSommer wrote: »
    6 weeks of popcorn sounds amazing

Haha oops pp :smile:
  • motolady11
    motolady11 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    How long does water weight last for? I thought it was only 2 weeks pp
  • JustMissTracy
    JustMissTracy Posts: 6,339 Member
    Options
    motolady11 wrote: »
    I keep reading online how everyone's weight melts after having a baby. I am 23, 5'9 and eat 1600 calories per day because I am breastfeeding. I am not supposed to exercise until 6 weeks popcorn because I had a csection. What am I doing wrong?

Took me a LONG time to lose the baby weight after each child, don't believe everything you read!
  • akmomof7
    akmomof7 Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    Mine took a lot longer than 2 weeks. I was still puffy when I went in for my 6 week check up. I didn't watch what I ate at all pp, and while I wish I would have been concentrating on getting in optimal nutrition, it didn't lead to a huge weight gain. If I were you I wouldn't be restricting calories at all! These 1st few weeks. are when you are cementing your milk supply and that takes lots of calories. Eat healthy, but feed your body.
  • seattlerain
    seattlerain Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    I'm 4.5 months postpartum and I had a csection and I'm exclusively breastfeeding my son. I eat a MINIMUM of 2000 calories a day. I've lost 25lbs in those 4.5 months. When I eat less I notice a drop in my milk supply. I didn't start counting calories until I was 6 weeks postpartum and released to work out. I listened to my body and ate whe. I was hungry. You are establishing your milk supply, dieting could potentially be detrimental to breastfeeding if done improperly.
  • driving_miss_crazy
    driving_miss_crazy Posts: 36 Member
    Options

Did the doctor tell you that lie too? Ha! I was very annoyed when it turned out not to be true for me. My body held on the the water for 3 months after my first csection.

Congrats! There is nothing like that new baby love ❤️
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    The "I lost all of my weight by simply breastfeeding" is one of those BS things celebrity mums say when asked how they lost all of their baby weight..
  • Michigan_Teacher
    Michigan_Teacher Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    ***I have breastfed a total of 10 years (6 babies)*** Keep breastfeeding on demand and do not supplement or add in formula. Also, you could pump some to save up in the freezer, which will burn more calories to produce more. With my first baby, one month I only lost 5 pounds, but I lost a full 5 inches off from my waist, so be sure to take measurements! For now, the best thing to do is to buy looser clothes so you are comfortable, and don't try to squeeze into your pre-pregnancy clothes yet. By spring, you will likely be back to your pre-pregnancy weight. Best of luck to you!