39 tomorrow and want to be a totally different man by 40

Options
My goal is to lose at least 50 lbs. I have high blood pressure and really need to change my life style when it comes to food and exercise.

Replies

• TheOtherBryan
    TheOtherBryan Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hello my friend! I began my fitness journey when I was 38. I have made amazing changes to my body, mind and soul on my journey. I discovered fitness pal after having already lost most of the weight I needed to lose, but have been using it to maintain a healthy lifestyle. I'm 41 now and am in best shape of my life! I'd be honored to be a part of your journey!
  • Skee_2802
    Skee_2802 Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    Hi Mate, I'm on a similar goal of trying to be fit by 40. 37 now and been at it for 18mths so would be awesome to join you and similar goal orientated people of same age.
  • profrhogan
    profrhogan Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Monday is when the work begins.
    Joined a gym for the first time yesterday.
    So I am trying to get things in order
  • rainbow198
    rainbow198 Posts: 2,245 Member
    Options
    I hope you had a great birthday!

It can be done. I was chubby/overweight most of my life. At 36 I started to lose and lost 80 pounds in 15 months. I've been maintaining since and haven't put any weight back on.

I'm turning 40 later this year feeling and looking the best I ever have and in the best shape of my life! It took lots of hard work and dedication and I still keep going by challenging myself and trying new things (food, exercises, new fitness goals etc.)

Good luck!
  • StartEveryDayNew
    StartEveryDayNew Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I'm 36 and lost 160 pounds. It's not easy but if you do it the right way it will stay off. It's not a diet change but a lifestyle change!! Add me if you want!! Good luck!!
  • jenidallas
    jenidallas Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I'm a couple of years behind (or ahead!) but working to make major lifestyle changes before I hit 45. I'm targeting a specific BMI by my 45th birthday in February and by then I'll be 9 months into a new and permanent lifestyle!
  • feisty_bucket
    feisty_bucket Posts: 1,047 Member
    Options
    Cool, sir. You can do huge changes within a year, with consistency. Good luck!
  • jddicarlo
    jddicarlo Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    45 here but in same boat. Lifestyle change for sure. Take it one day at a time. Starting is a great first step........
  • kxbrown27
    kxbrown27 Posts: 769 Member
    Options
    Your goal is very attainable. I started at 39 and now at 41 I'm in much better shape than I have been for years. Stay consistent.
  • alexandriite
    alexandriite Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Insanity: 60 days it'll help you lose the weight. Try doing it twice or if u get bored after 60 days try p90x or insanity max 30 days. Beach body have really effective workouts and they do work!! Trust me they've helped me a lot.