I hate fish

Options

Replies

• PaulaWallaDingDong
    PaulaWallaDingDong Posts: 4,641 Member
    Options
    I don't see how not liking fish is a problem. I don't like black licorice. I've heard loads about how delicious it is. You won't catch me trying to force-feed it to myself.
  • littlechiaseed
    littlechiaseed Posts: 489 Member
    edited August 2016
    Options
    Don't eat it. You don't have to. There's not a special nutrient only obtained from fish that you need. I always hated fish. Turned out okay.
  • MutluMarah
    MutluMarah Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    i have the same problem but i try to add much sauce and less fish some nice green veggies and just try to forget about the fish in it so you could eat some and take the vitamines
  • start090
    start090 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Simply if you dont like it never eat it ! I believe you can find other good options for yourself.best luck :D
  • Abby2205
    Abby2205 Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    For sure don't eat canned tuna if you don't like it, but I find tuna in oil much tastier than tuna in water, and jarred versions better than canned, although jarred tuna in oil is more pricy.
  • bubble_wrap0428
    bubble_wrap0428 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Funny to see this right after I ate some walleye! I'm a pescetarian so I don't eat any land animals so fish is a good protein source for me. If you don't like it, just don't eat it! Everyone is different.
  • RoneilSembrano
    RoneilSembrano Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    You should try grilled pompano which is a butter fish. So delish! Especially when it is fresh, the outside of the fish is charred and the inside is soft and moist. It has a great texture and also an awesome taste. I like using a tamarind powder when cooking butter fish. I find that it tastes really good! A definite must-try. Might even change your mind. I know it changed mine.
  • Wynterbourne
    Wynterbourne Posts: 2,200 Member
    Options
    I absolute loathe seafood. I always have. I'm not going to waste my available calories suffering through something I can't stand the taste of. Don't like it? Don't eat it. Absolutely no reason to.
  • RuNaRoUnDaFiEld
    RuNaRoUnDaFiEld Posts: 5,864 Member
    Options
    I don't see how not liking fish is a problem. I don't like black licorice. I've heard loads about how delicious it is. You won't catch me trying to force-feed it to myself.

This ^^

Don't eat something you don't like, it's just crazy.
  • Alluminati
    Alluminati Posts: 6,208 Member
    edited August 2016
    Options
    Another vote for not eating it if you dislike it but I hope you don't judge all fish by canned tuna (I adore tuna sandwiches)
    Some of my favorites:
    1.Grilled or barbecued red or white snapper with salt, lime, and cilantro.
    2. Baked sockeye with dill and lemon.
    3. Baked trout with orange and soy glaze.
    4. Grilled swai fillet with tomato.
    5. Grilled mackerel with salt or tomato.
    6. Any smoked fish.
    7. Anchovies or tinned sardines in olive oil on a salad or crackers.

• flrancho
    flrancho Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    Before I started my weight loss journey, I wouldn't touch fish. I hated the stuff. Shellfish, yes, but regular fish, no.

Now I eat fish at least twice a week - oftentimes more than that. And I like it. That being said, you will never get me near a can or a pouch of tuna. I don't even like to do frozen fish. It has to be fresh.

If you're set on trying fish, maybe go for a fresh tilapia fillet. That's the fish I started out with and I was pleasantly surprised by its fishless taste. Cooked certain ways it reminded of chicken breast. Also, its pretty cheap in terms of seafood - if you don't like it its not like you're throwing away tons of money.
  • Alluminati
    Alluminati Posts: 6,208 Member
    Options
    Tilapia tastes like dirt to me. The one fish I cannot eat.
  • rileysowner
    rileysowner Posts: 8,099 Member
    Options
    Funny to see this right after I ate some walleye! I'm a pescetarian so I don't eat any land animals so fish is a good protein source for me. If you don't like it, just don't eat it! Everyone is different.

Big difference between walleye and canned tuna. I don't mind fish, but would far rather have walleye than canned tuna.
  • queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    Options
    Alluminati wrote: »

Me too! I hate tilapia. But ahi!! yummy
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Options
    queenliz99 wrote: »

Heh, I'm with you too. I often feel like I'm the only one who hates tilapia given how often it gets recommended, but then I remember it's so frequently recommended as fish for people who don't like fish, and I love fish, so!
  • markrgeary1
    markrgeary1 Posts: 853 Member
    Options
    Tilapia has little taste. You add flavor to it by marinade, coating or the cooking process. It's nice fried in butter and jalepeno jelly. ☺
  • queenliz99
    Options
    lemurcat12 wrote: »

Heh, I'm with you too. I often feel like I'm the only one who hates tilapia given how often it gets recommended, but then I remember it's so frequently recommended as fish for people who don't like fish, and I love fish, so!

Tilapia is for people who don't life fish!! LOL A white fish like halibut is good for people who don't care for fish. Halibut baked with some butter and lemon, awesomeness.
  • queenliz99
    Options
    Tilapia has little taste. You add flavor to it by marinade, coating or the cooking process. It's nice fried in butter and jalepeno jelly. ☺

It still tastes odd to me no matter what you bury it in! LOL
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Options
    lemurcat12 wrote: »

Tilapia is for people who don't life fish!! LOL A white fish like halibut is good for people who don't care for fish. Halibut baked with some butter and lemon, awesomeness.

I don't know about people who don't care for fish, but halibut IS awesomeness.