21 pounds lost, and so much gained!

Options
fireytiger
fireytiger Posts: 236 Member
I know compared to many of the people on this forum, this is small potatoes. But for me, this is HUGE. I have tried more times than I can count to lose weight and i've never been successful at losing more than about 10-15lbs at a time before quitting and gaining it all back and then some. The most i've ever managed to lose before quitting was 18lbs (at which point I quit and regained 40). Today, I about fell off the scale when I saw that I'd dipped into slightly over 21lbs lost in just under 3 months!! I've also lost 1" on my neck, 3" off my waist, 3.5" off my hips, and 3" off each of my thighs! Based on the fat2fit tools military body fat calculator, I'm down from 53.4% body fat to 48.3%. I've gone from being in obese category II to category I.

But more important than all that i've lost, is all that i've gained: I've gained respect for myself, and pride in what i'm capable of. I've gained a lot of stamina, although I have a lot further to go on that! I've gained an appreciation for how I look in the mirror, and I truly believe that i'm beautiful, even though I have a long way to go still. I've gained the ability to turn down things that are obnoxiously unhealthy, or just have a bite and be satisfied with that, because I'd much rather eat the delicious healthy foods that I've learned to love. I've gained the knowledge that so many people believe in me and want to see me succeed, and are proud of me. And most importantly, i've learned that "obese" does not define me, and I'm more than that.

4m2z19e2gj7n.png

Replies

• JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    Options
    Hip and Hooray for you! Do it the right way and stay healthy at the healthy weight. It really is that simple.
  • Jecka987
    Jecka987 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    You absolutely ARE beautiful. What a great achievement so far. And it seems like much more than just the weight! Keep going :)
  • mmnv79
    mmnv79 Posts: 538 Member
    Options
    Well done! I wish you success on your journey! :)
  • leanjogreen18
    leanjogreen18 Posts: 2,492 Member
    Options
    Great job!!!
  • Nightmare_Queen88
    Nightmare_Queen88 Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    21 lbs is a big deal. Congratulations on your loss and good luck with the rest of your journey. :)
  • MrsKila
    MrsKila Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    You go !!! ;)
  • MiMi_5151
    MiMi_5151 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!! I'm about 14 lbs down in the past 7 weeks and cannot wait to say I've lost 20+. Good work!
  • PinkPaintedLady
    PinkPaintedLady Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    21 pounds is huge! Totally not small potatoes .. Though you may have lost a sac of potatoes! Lol, keep t going girl you look fab!
  • grammageegee
    grammageegee Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Impressive. I cannot wait to say I am down 20 lbs! You are an inspiration.
  • smkondy
    smkondy Posts: 583 Member
    Options
    Huge difference!! You are looking good & you should be proud of yourself!! :)
  • jpkday
    jpkday Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Way 2 go! Congrats!!
  • LisaLoo13
    LisaLoo13 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    21lbs is a great success! Keep up the good work :)
  • PrettyBrownEyes85
    PrettyBrownEyes85 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I'm so proud of you!
  • Alpha12
    Alpha12 Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! Thank you for inspiring me today.
  • elisa123gal
    elisa123gal Posts: 4,291 Member
    Options
    that is a big accomplishment to push past what you've lost before and to know you can now go all the way. Congratulations. :)
  • jbatinker
    jbatinker Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    I love your attitude. Just remember - pick up 4 bags of flour and one pound of butter and that is what you have lost - THAT IS HUGE!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!