TOM cravings....

Options
does anyone else have a REALLY hard time right before their TOM? i am having a really hard time right now, i thing i just need to eat more food right before my TOM. thoughts?? advice?

Replies

• Gigi_licious
    Gigi_licious Posts: 1,185 Member
    Options
    I do! I'm like a bottomless pit for 2-4 days before he gets here. I'm still pretty new here, but this month I just said screw it, if I'm hungry, I'm eating, but I tried to stick with healthier foods. Just more of them. I still ended up losing 1.2lbs, I weighed the morning he got here.
  • udallmom101
    udallmom101 Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    I have found some wonderful treats for my TOM! Cut a banana in half long ways, smear a tbsp of reduced fat peanut butter down the middle and put it back together. Cut into coins. Wrap in plastic wrap and freeze for about 30 minutes. It is so creamy and delicious. sometimes I top it with a little bit of sugar free chocolate syrup. Taste like a banana split to me. I just make sure i drink plenty of water and lay off any carbonated and caffeine rich drinks. Most of the time I take that day to eat a special treat, but I always make sure I make time for a walk or jog that day.
  • udallmom101
    udallmom101 Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    I have found some wonderful treats for my TOM! Cut a banana in half long ways, smear a tbsp of reduced fat peanut butter down the middle and put it back together. Cut into coins. Wrap in plastic wrap and freeze for about 30 minutes. It is so creamy and delicious. sometimes I top it with a little bit of sugar free chocolate syrup. Taste like a banana split to me. I just make sure i drink plenty of water and lay off any carbonated and caffeine rich drinks. Most of the time I take that day to eat a special treat, but I always make sure I make time for a walk or jog that day.
  • DietPep1978
    DietPep1978 Posts: 202
    Options
    I get HORRIBLE about a week before. I believe I am in that time right now. I get SOOOO SOOOO tired and I want to eat things like super cheesy pizza. For the first time ever I asked my hubby to stop and pick up chips for me! GAH! Chips are the one thing I CAN stay way from...now carby things are a different story.

It's awful! I haven't read through the posts yet but I'm hoping there are some great tips on how to handle this time.
  • amyvic4686
    amyvic4686 Posts: 13
    Options
    I'm not too bad before but the first few days get me. It definitely makes it harder. I crave crisps so have been trying to choose lower calorie ones or lower calorie meals so I can have them. There's no point depriving yourself because you'll only feel worse and we all feel crap enough when it is TOM.
    I've been on here a few month and as your body adjusts to your new way of eating, your cravings adjust too. Yea I was still eating crisps and wanting them but I also got huge cravings for tuna salad?! So what if you go over a couple of days anyway. Your body needs more because of what its losing.
    Keep your head up and don't let it get you down xx
  • leslieanned
    Options
    oh. u had me at super cheesy pizza.... yum. oy this suuuuuucks! its the first tom since i started this site. and it finnaly got really hard!
  • infamousmk
    infamousmk Posts: 6,033 Member
    Options
    I had been doing SO WELL with my food intake - and then I couldn't stop crying and I just wanted a cheeseburger and fries. I indulged. Had cheeseburger, fries and a Wendy's frosty. It was really hard to wake up the next morning and commit to getting back on track with my good choices, but I didn't give up. I have an awful headache today, I know it's hormonal, and that's not helping either!

I pretty much crave salt and red meat for three days before I start, this was the first month since I became completely serious about fitness, and I'm already trying to be prepared for next month:

I'll just be sure to have lean ground beef and whole wheat buns on hand. I'm still using cheese because damn it, I love cheese. I'll load my burger up with all of the lettuce and tomato I can stand, and I'll probably make sweet potato fries. That way I don't deprive myself, but I have a better option.

The only other thing I can say is that working out has helped my other symptoms immensely. I have been consistently active for two months now. Last month my period was shorter, cramps were WAY less and I wasn't as exausted. I can tell it's going to be quite similar this month.