Low Calorie Snacks!

Options
Can anyone recommend any low calorie snacks? I decreased in my meal portions but I noticed I am snacking way more. Any dairy free options is greatly appreciated

Replies

• fireytiger
    fireytiger Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    -Hard boiled egg
    -Fruit. Fresh or freeze dried, I love the freeze dried kind and they don't seem as calorie dense as regular dried. But if you like to mindlessly snack like I do, the freeze dried ones are kinda nice for portioning out and eating like they're chips.
    -A serving of nuts. Don't do this if you can't stick to the single serving, extras add up really fast!
    -Veggies with either hummus or peanut butter
    -Single serving of beef jerky
    -KIND bars

I almost suggested yogurt or cheese sticks but you said dairy free, so maybe not those... I'm mentioning them separately just in case you're someone who can handle some types of dairy but not milk.
  • Trailtramper74
    Trailtramper74 Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    fireytiger wrote: »
    -Hard boiled egg
    -Fruit. Fresh or freeze dried, I love the freeze dried kind and they don't seem as calorie dense as regular dried. But if you like to mindlessly snack like I do, the freeze dried ones are kinda nice for portioning out and eating like they're chips.
    -A serving of nuts. Don't do this if you can't stick to the single serving, extras add up really fast!
    -KIND bars

I almost suggested yogurt or cheese sticks but you said dairy free, so maybe not those... I'm mentioning them separately just in case you're someone who can handle some types of dairy but not milk.

These are all great options. I pair nuts with my fruit or any protein really. I find that fruit alone makes me hungrier. My weight loss doctor also says pair fruit and protein to prevent blood sugar spikes.
  • gothchiq
    gothchiq Posts: 4,590 Member
    Options
    raw veggies with hummus are a favorite.
  • MissSeven
    MissSeven Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    fireytiger wrote: »
    -Hard boiled egg
    -KIND bars

These are great options!! Thanks so much.
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    You don't have to have snacks if you prefer to just eat meals.
  • TonyB0588
    TonyB0588 Posts: 9,520 Member
    Options
    MissSeven wrote: »
    Can anyone recommend any low calorie snacks? I decreased in my meal portions but I noticed I am snacking way more. Any dairy free options is greatly appreciated

Try snacking on fruit or veg.
  • LazSommer
    LazSommer Posts: 1,851 Member
    Options
    donut
  • start090
    start090 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I prefer yogurt , fruits and vegetables as a snacks :))
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,573 Member
    Options
    A cucumber. A rice krispie treat.
  • ahyman2015
    ahyman2015 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Popcorn is a good snack.
  • RodaRose
    RodaRose Posts: 9,562 Member
    Options
    Ham and pickle or olive roll ups
    This recipe adds a little cream cheese and green onions:
    http://allrecipes.com/recipe/24912/ham-roll-ups-ii/
  • MissSeven
    MissSeven Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    gothchiq wrote: »
    raw veggies with hummus are a favorite.

I love hummus! Thanks!

• arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,573 Member
    Options
    Hummus is not that low calorie. I find it to be calorie dense actually. Though it is delicious.