Coffee and weight loss

Options
Did anyone lost a decent amount of weight while still consuming coffee? My biggest vice right now is 1 medium coffee with cream or milk no sugar - it logs in at 90 calories but I was told it slows down weight loss, any experience with it? Thank you

Replies

• malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    If it fits into your calories and you enjoy it, keep drinking it. I know many people who've lost weight while drinking coffee (I hate the taste, so I don't). Just make sure you're measuring the cream/milk accurately so you know it's only 90 calories worth.
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,573 Member
    Options
    Um no. If anything coffee with a little fat in it has been beneficial to me for weight loss because it suppresses my appetite and helps meet my fat macro. 90 calories worth of cream though..If it's worth it to you.
  • PaulaWallaDingDong
    PaulaWallaDingDong Posts: 4,641 Member
    Options
    Nope! I drink black coffee and it (usually) keeps me out of the snacks. If 90 calories keeps you from having 300 calories of something that you didn't need, then it's helping, not hurting.
  • Jane08012005
    Jane08012005 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    If I thought coffee was a problem Id have to give up something else. But. Ive never heard that coffee is a culprit in the prevention weight loss. Unless its mixed with more cream, sugar, marshmallows etc. than actual coffee. At which point its a cake. Some people i know used to do this. Im not sayin names.
  • alyssa0061
    alyssa0061 Posts: 652 Member
    Options
    I drink a coffee with cream every morning. It's all I have until my lunch at 2pm. I look forward to it every day
  • Alice1118
    Alice1118 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Awesome everyone, thanks
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 25,157 Member
    Options
    Alice1118 wrote: »
    Did anyone lost a decent amount of weight while still consuming coffee?

25 kg/55 lbs. :)

I love black coffee and have no intention of giving it up.

• daniip_la
    daniip_la Posts: 678 Member
    Options
    I've lost nearly 70lbs drinking at least 5 or 6 cups a day most days. Granted, I use Splenda and half-n-half, so my cups don't cost me as many calories.

I'm not about that un-caffinated life.
  • Whitezombiegirl
    Whitezombiegirl Posts: 1,042 Member
    Options
    For me coffee drops my blood sugar and makes me sleepy and ravenous - so its not great for weight loss.

I know thats the reverse of most people but this reaction is not uncommon.
  • Pawsforme
    Pawsforme Posts: 645 Member
    Options
    I've lost 25+ pounds (have been in maintenance for several months) and drink four large cups of coffee almost every day, each with two tablespoons of half and half or whole milk and two packs of Splenda. I think coffee has been a huge aid in weight loss for me, as a cup (even with half and half or milk) is relatively low calorie but satisfies my appetite for a good while.