1st mini goal...

Options
leanjogreen18
leanjogreen18 Posts: 2,492 Member
edited August 2016 in Success Stories
I finished my first 5k race walking. Also I finished under an hour @ 57:55 which was a goal within a goal of just finishing:).

Stats
SW 233
CW 214
GW 129
Cycle Calories so I have an average of 1250
Never Active

Race Stats
4000' elevation
Easy to Moderate route
Drizzling Rain
Temp 65

So I read this board often and I'm so inspired by everyone's progress, hopefully I can inspire one person to walk!!! I started 59 days ago counting calories/walking and using mfp. I couldn't walk to my car without breathing hard. Soon I was walking 1 and 2 miles 3 or 4 times a week. Twice a week I did mall walking pushing my granddaughter while my daughter in law went to the gym. Shout out to my fit hubby who walked the race with me and my amazing daughter in law who inspired me to get on mfp and trained with me over the last month when she could have been training on her own running!

I sit here typing this very sore but elated that this old gal with a bad knee, lower back problems with some extra chub was able to accomplish something.

One foot in front of the other...

Replies

Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!