The best calorie per minute burning exercise

Options
Just wondering if anyone as figured out whats giving the highest number of calories burned per minute of exercise from the selection menu in the exercise section

Replies

• stc74
    stc74 Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    bump
  • Avalonis
    Avalonis Posts: 1,540 Member
    Options
    Just wondering if anyone as figured out whats giving the highest number of calories burned per minute of exercise from the selection menu in the exercise section

I dunno, but anything that makes you gasp for breath is probably up there. Try Hill sprints or something.

For sustained high burns, Racquetball and tennis are great.
  • arotella
    arotella Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Stair mill!
  • Rocnut
    Rocnut Posts: 19
    Options
    I primarily speed rope (jump rope). "Youtube" cardio jump rope for proper execution and routines.
  • ste73
    ste73 Posts: 90
    Options
    im burning 350 calories for 30 mins on a bike, someone posted 426 calories for 30 mins pushups and sit-ups, thats almost a free chocolate bar lol
  • HanaMaaya
    HanaMaaya Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    jumping rope
    aerobic high impact
  • sarah44254
    sarah44254 Posts: 3,078 Member
    Options
    Jump rope for me. I get more than 11 cals per minute, burning something like 115-130 in 10 minutes.
  • atomdraco
    atomdraco Posts: 1,083 Member
    Options
    Don't be fool by the number.
    * HIIT cardio workout burns a lot, because it will keep burning way after your workout is over
    * Strength training may appear to have low calories burn, the it continuously burn as your muscles are being repaired.

"fat zone" burn only burn while you are working, not the greatest. So don't bother stay in the lower "fat zone" heart rate, crack it up!!!
  • MayhemModels
    MayhemModels Posts: 367 Member
    Options
    Anything really depending on intensity as the saying goes * If you are able to talk then your doing it wrong* :tongue:
  • atomdraco
    atomdraco Posts: 1,083 Member
    Options
    im burning 350 calories for 30 mins on a bike, someone posted 426 calories for 30 mins pushups and sit-ups, thats almost a free chocolate bar lol

calories burn is very personal, based on too many facts. Don't be fooled by looking at other people's burn on the same workout. If you are light weight, low VO2max, older, etc, most likely you'll burn less. Bigger people can easily burn 4 digits calories, mine is pathetic :-)
  • MrTooBIG
    MrTooBIG Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    MMA,Boxing+ wrestling and training for each.
  • tjkemommy
    tjkemommy Posts: 15
    Options

I have found that the treadmill or the eliptical trainer gives me a good high burn
  • stephanielynn76
    stephanielynn76 Posts: 709 Member
    Options
    Stair mill!

That does it for me... especially in comparison to other cardio machines...
  • Dom_m
    Dom_m Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    I burn a bit over 15 / min doing insanity. Workouts go for 40 mins (4 hours / week).

That's basically my max burn rate for any time greater than about 10 mins. Obviously Insanity includes a warmup and stretch period of about 15 mins when my burn rate is lower, so for 25 mins I guess its higher, but I wouldn't want to do the 25 min intense part without the warm up and stretch.
  • MayhemModels
    MayhemModels Posts: 367 Member
    Options
    Stair mill!

That does it for me... especially in comparison to other cardio machines...

Yep that will kill you lol
  • Flyntiggr
    Flyntiggr Posts: 898 Member
    Options
    Mountain biking. Im killing it when I ride. Average for an hour for me is between 1,000 and 1,200 calories
  • corpus_validum
    corpus_validum Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    * HIIT cardio workout burns a lot, because it will keep burning way after your workout is over

This

Additional proof:
    http://abcnews.go.com/Health/Exercise/story?id=2817212&page=1
  • jmh35slh
    jmh35slh Posts: 78
    Options
    Have a pool near by? Try treading water. 30 minutes of treading water 'fast' gets me 542 calories burned. That's my main work out.
  • BrookeEspinosa
    Options
    One word Taebo! I burn 700-800 calories in 50 minutes. I'm doing insanity now and only burning 600, when I'm about to die. Plus taebo is alot more fun.
  • crisanderson27
    crisanderson27 Posts: 5,343 Member
    Options

I burned 380 in 30 minutes doing strength training. Via my Polar FT7 HRM. AND my body kept burning for hours and hours afterwards. It's about HOW you work out, not the workout you do. Additionally, I only had to eat back abuot 300cal that day...PLUS I got the benifits of the extra hormones to shed fat...instead of eating back 1200cal from 30hrs of running on a freaking stairmaster.
    * Strength training may appear to have low calories burn, the it continuously burn as your muscles are being repaired.

"fat zone" burn only burn while you are working, not the greatest. So don't bother stay in the lower "fat zone" heart rate, crack it up!!!

This...and only this.