How big is a slice of pizza?

Options
The foods we can add are so vague. Same pizza can be cut into 2 or 100 slices...

Replies

• Mycophilia
    Mycophilia Posts: 1,225 Member
    Options
    This is why you weigh them and log grams.
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    Cut it into the number of slices you want.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fkqg6HE888A
  • ouryve
    ouryve Posts: 572 Member
    Options
    How long is a piece of string?
  • amusedmonkey
    amusedmonkey Posts: 10,330 Member
    Options
    In general, I found that a medium slice is roughly 100 grams give or take.
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Options
    titusmp wrote: »
    The foods we can add are so vague. Same pizza can be cut into 2 or 100 slices...

You should not be adding a generic entry for pizza. It's pretty useless. A lot of the entries in the database are useless -- you need to learn to recognize the good ones.

For pizza, if you make it yourself, create a recipe. If you get a frozen one, use the information on the package (or find one in the database that matches -- it should have a gram option or you can add it). If from a chain place, find the specific information in the database (they will have a standard slice size based on the size of the overall pizza sometimes) or go on their website and then add it. If--and this is something I run into, since I mainly get pizza at local Italian places--you get pizza from some local place without calorie information, you are going to have to guess or find a chain place you know is likely to be comparable, including with the overall size. It still won't be that accurate, but good enough for an occasional meal.
  • JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    edited August 2016
    Options
    Not big enough. Some girls just have to accept that some times, a man can explain the point.
  • Carlos_421
    Carlos_421 Posts: 5,132 Member
    Options
    ouryve wrote: »
    How long is a piece of string?

From one end to the other.