Starting over at 39

Options
I need to lose 50 pounds and get in shape to pass a volunteer fire class called mod 1. I'm fighting fibromyalgia and the hectic schedule of being a volunteer camp director and a mom of 3 active kids. So some days... Eating on the run is my only option. Multiply that with I'm an emotional and stress eater I feel like the cards are stacked against me. I need a support and accountability system. If you're willing I'd be very appreciative.

Replies

• LesLeeTalbo
    LesLeeTalbo Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    You go girl, you can do this! I am starting over at 41, with 3 active kids and 80 pounds to lose. Eating on the go has been one of my greatest challenges as I tend to rely on fast food or concession stand food. Ugh. I am a teacher who would like to get back into coaching if I get get my weight back in check. Feel free to add me as a friend. I've been on track for 20 days...hope it continues! Best of luck to you!
  • lindascovanner
    lindascovanner Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    This is so sad. I haven't figured out how to friend people on here. I'd love to share support! Congratulations on 20 days!
  • CarmsPhotoTales
    CarmsPhotoTales Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    This sounds too familiar! I have 3 kids on the go. We aren't too bad with fast food but definitely challenged to find time for food prep & exercise. If it's ok I'm going to try to add friends - if I can figure this out.
  • HeidiFuture
    HeidiFuture Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    It seems the only way to add friends is to go to the website on your computer/ laptop -- not mobile site/app on your phone. Click on community, Find Members, type in their username.

Anyhoo-- The only thing that is working for me is to prepare food in tupperware in advance. That way I dont have to think about how much I can eat. Its already portioned and ready to be eaten.
  • vegandreams2015
    vegandreams2015 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I would rethink what you are doing and work on reducing the stress. Stress and weight gain is normal, and reducing the stress normally allows for the weight loss. You need to eat healthy and not always on the run, that lifestyle will burn you out. However, increase your water intake and eat clean food with very little to no meat and dairy. It will be hard to lose the weight because the results are no going to be seen in a day or two, however losing 2 pounds a week for the next 12 weeks mean a weight loss of 24 pounds. You need to check how many calories you need to eat to get to your goal weight. On the internet there are many programs that will tell you. Me I need 2100 a day to get to my weight of 170 pounds. You also must make the time for you and right now it appears that your are a slave to other things which is going to make this all much harder, please for your sake think about reducing the stress and focus on you and your needs....good luck....