My birthday is tomorrow... alternatives to birthday cake?

Options
I'm in my second week of diet-- any ideas for celebrating birthday without cake (or alcohol)? What would you want for your birthday?

Replies

• jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    Options
    I would have cake, too. Just don't eat the whole cake. It's only your birthday once a year... o:)
  • Cintirich
    Cintirich Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I'd have cake and alcohol and get back to eating at a deficit the day after.

Happy birthday for tomorrow :)

I agree! One day won't hurt a thing. Just don't go crazy...well, maybe a little. :) Happy birthday!
  • bookwormie
    bookwormie Posts: 32 Member
    edited August 2016
    Options
    As an alternative to birthday cake, what about a raw vegan cake? They're usually made out of fruit and vegetables, they're still cake and tasty, but they won't have the flour and processed sugar. Google "raw vegan birthday cake," there's a ton of recipes out there. Happy birthday!
  • Capt_Apollo
    Capt_Apollo Posts: 9,026 Member
    Options
    happy birthday!! enjoy yourself.
  • besaro
    besaro Posts: 1,858 Member
    Options
    i want cake and alcohol on my birthday. no substitutions! the only questions have on my birthdays is what kind of cake and drinks i am going to have. :) happy bday girl! live it up!
  • autisticperidot
    autisticperidot Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Have you tried edible arrangements or something like them? You can make them yourself or buy one if you don't have the time.
    peanut-butter-fruit.jpg
  • PaulaWallaDingDong
    PaulaWallaDingDong Posts: 4,641 Member
    Options
    bookwormie wrote: »
    As an alternative to birthday cake, what about a raw vegan cake? They're usually made out of fruit and vegetables, they're still cake and tasty, but they won't have the flour and processed sugar. Google "raw vegan birthday cake," there's a ton of recipes out there. Happy birthday!

OP, If you're not a raw vegan, ignore this. None of what I saw was cake, and didn't look like low-cal alternatives, either.

Have cake. It's your birthday!
  • spacegirllost
    spacegirllost Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Absolutely! Have the cake! It is just but one day. Enjoy it! :)
    I started my diet close to two weeks before my birthday last year and since then I've lost about 48 lbs. The important thing to do is just make sure that the next day you get back to it.
  • WinoGelato
    WinoGelato Posts: 13,454 Member
    Options
    Cheesecake?

It's one day and it's your birthday. Learning how to enjoy special events while still achieving your goals is important for long term success.

Today is my husbands birthday. We will be having homemade blueberry pie with homemade vanilla ice cream. I'll have wine as I do every day. I'm not really worried, since we will also be going for a long hike and I've banked some calories from earlier in the week. Even if there is a blip on the scale, I know it's temporary.

Happy birthday!
  • RuNaRoUnDaFiEld
    RuNaRoUnDaFiEld Posts: 5,864 Member
    Options
    bookwormie wrote: »

That would probably be as high calorie as normal cake and not as yummy imho
  • PBWaffleCakes
    PBWaffleCakes Posts: 900 Member
    Options
    This year I am doing "banana split bites" its a slice of banana, strawberry, and a chunk of pineapple on a skewer dipped in chocolate and then dipped in crush nuts! Yum!
  • jerseygene
    jerseygene Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    It's one day and it's your birthday so have cake and alcohol but remember it's one day only. Just because you're on a diet doesn't mean you have to stop living.
  • tinuz
    tinuz Posts: 1,123 Member
    Options
    birthday taco's??
  • snickerscharlie
    snickerscharlie Posts: 8,578 Member
    Options
    tinuz wrote: »
    birthday taco's??

Might as well have cake. ;)

OP, It's your birthday. Have cake. Have a few drinks. Celebrate and enjoy. :)

Perhaps the cupcake idea mentioned above would be helpful so that there's no leftover cake staring at you the next day, begging to be eaten?
  • indiecupcake89
    indiecupcake89 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Have a gourmet mini cupcake and a glass of wine. Take an hour walk. Easy to fit birthday treats in for the day. Happy birthday!
  • Alluminati
    Alluminati Posts: 6,208 Member
    Options
    I eat chocolate on mine.
  • snickerscharlie
    snickerscharlie Posts: 8,578 Member
    Options
    Buy green cabbage from the store, poke candles in, blow them and eat the cabbage ;)

Nothing says, "Happy Birthday" more than eating raw cabbage. LMAO.
  • jenidallas
    jenidallas Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    A birthday cake flavored protein bar might be a great substitute if you don't want to eat cake. I like the Oh Yeah One bar... it has colored sprinkles in it and everything. Its easy to forget you are eating something healthy!