Does anyone pre input food into their log?

Options

Replies

• EDollah
    EDollah Posts: 464 Member
    Options
    I don't always, but in my experience I'm a heckuva lot more compliant to dietary goals when I do pre-log. If I don't pre-log, when lunchtime hits I'm far more likely to hit up the local pizza joint when I get a Tweet letting me know their special slice of the day happens to be my favorite than if I've pre-logged my turkey on flaxseed pita bread.
  • fireytiger
    fireytiger Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    I pre-log dinner in the morning when I know what i'm going to be making/having. It makes me more likely to stick with that plan (although it doesn't always work!) I'm usually eating pretty decently for breakfast and snacks as is, and then I decide what's for lunch based on the numbers leftover. :)
  • RogerToo
    RogerToo Posts: 16,157 Member
    Options
    sporter90 wrote: »
    Do you plan out/input your food the previous night and abide by it? I was thinking of trying this method so that I'm more likely to be within my calories, and become more structured with my diet.

Hi
    FWIW I used to sit and do three days of menus ahead. That was part of what helped me stay on track and lose all that weight I lost. Plus Pre/planning makes it easier to balance out the meals to make a good use of the days calories. I used a kind of skeleton when doing that. I do tend to eat many of the same things mush of the time.

Example:
    a 12 Ounce Bag of frozen Vegetables split between Lunch and Dinner. Some protein shakes with breakfast that were all within 10 calories of each other. A Similar size Banana as a part of Breakfast, a Medium Apple with lunch and a Citrus with dinner, usually 2 Tangerines or Clementines.
    With Lunch & Dinner a 80 calorie Light & Fit Greek Yogurt as a protein and then working from that base I would work in some light Desserts and snacks as well as Entrees for Lunch and Dinner.

Good Luck
    Roger
  • sgt1372
    sgt1372 Posts: 3,977 Member
    Options
    I do to it plan/adjust calories/macros for upcoming meals but generally not more than a meal or 2 in advance.
  • indiacaitlin
    indiacaitlin Posts: 691 Member
    Options
    I plan ahead a lot of the time, makes it easier to know what kind of snacks I can have throughout the day! Also I find once I've put it all in I'm more likely to stick to it.
  • Rabbitsocksgardener
    Rabbitsocksgardener Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Doing this keeps me accountable for my day and prevents me from getting to dinner and having little to no calories left to stay on track!
  • RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    Options
    Yes I prelog everyday. The first thing I do is ask my family what they want for dinner, log that meal and then the rest are my calories to prelog with my own stuff I eat when they are not home.
  • clicketykeys
    clicketykeys Posts: 6,568 Member
    Options
    Some of it. I pack lunch anyhow so I just log it when I make it.
  • JDMac82
    JDMac82 Posts: 3,192 Member
    Options
    I eat the relatively the same things day in and day out. I either plug my meals in as i go or at the end of the work day. I set meals so i can just click those instead of selecting each seperate food.
  • meanazza
    meanazza Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Yup I do, most mornings are the same meal and so is lunch if I have something else on top I just add it in. Its definitely helpful
  • jagodfrey08
    jagodfrey08 Posts: 425 Member
    Options
    Do you plan out/input your food the previous night and abide by it? I was thinking of trying this method so that I'm more likely to be within my calories, and become more structured with my diet.

I do mine in the morning and follow it through the day. It definitely helps me know how many calories I have by the end of the day.
  • Khaled_Dehia
    Khaled_Dehia Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    My problem is I end up being really hungry
    If your food has a lot of carbs yes you will feel hungry right away cause carbs digested so fast comparing to the natural fat
    If you change your diet to be low carb high fat then you will eat really less and you will never feel hungry ever again , even sometimes you will forget did you eat today or not
  • berolcolour
    berolcolour Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    I log in advance any meals I'm planning, then spend the rest of the week deleting and moving things around. With the copy meal function and saving meals I don't find it takes up too much time. I don't feel like I have to stick to it, but if I thought I was having a 400kcal lunch and a 600kcal option looks good, I'll know whether I have that much wiggle room.

If I know I'm going out to eat I try and look at the menu beforehand (even on the way) and pick and log what I'm going to have - even if I'm going to go over. Partly because I hate looking at menus when I want to talk to people!
  • DiIDE
    DiIDE Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    Yes I do most days while I am having breakfast, that way I can play around with foods to make sure my calorie and macro count is as close as possible to my goal. I can then take that nights meat or fish out of the freezer to defrost for dinner.

• mangrothian
    mangrothian Posts: 1,351 Member
    Options
    khaled_685 wrote: »
    If your food has a lot of carbs yes you will feel hungry right away cause carbs digested so fast comparing to the natural fat
    If you change your diet to be low carb high fat then you will eat really less and you will never feel hungry ever again , even sometimes you will forget did you eat today or not

FYI, that is soooooo not the case for everyone. I find I function much better on a higher carb diet. What's good for the goose is not good for the gander and all that.

The hubster and I are on a tight budget, so I literally plan out a months worth of dinners in advance to help with the grocery shop. That doesn't mean we're perfect and stick exactly to it, but when some meals last 2-3 nights it certainly makes logging easier. For the rest of my meals, I pre-log my lunch and brekkie the day before (and they're usually pretty similar day in day out, so they're easy to log), making sure I stay under my pre-exercise caloric limit for the day. Up to 50% of my exercise cals I earn each day can be eaten as snacks (and that is only because I don't really trust my fitbit burn).
  • Neanbean13
    Neanbean13 Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    Every day.
  • Shells918
    Shells918 Posts: 1,070 Member
    Options
    I prelog my day when I can. It definitely makes things easier and more manageable.
  • Colorscheme
    Colorscheme Posts: 1,179 Member
    Options
    I usually pre log, but sometimes I change my mind during the day. I did pre-log for tomorrow, because I really want to go to Sonic but also want to make sure it'll fit in my budget.
  • chocolate_owl
    chocolate_owl Posts: 1,695 Member
    Options
    khaled_685 wrote: »

Unless you don't find fat satiating. I'll eat double the calories from a cheese board than I will from a pasta dish in tomato sauce.

I pre-log the week. It helps me plan meals and figure out what I'm cooking each day. I usually leave ~200 calories available for a snack if I end up ravenous at 4pm, or for wine or dessert after dinner. It also helps me bank calories if I know I'm having a big dinner out on the weekend.
  • blushenvy
    blushenvy Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Yes! Pretty much every day. Sometimes things change or get rearranged, but it's so much easier if I do it ahead of time. Otherwise trying to fit the puzzle pieces together on a whim makes me crazy!