High protein low fat snack?

Options
clicketykeys
clicketykeys Posts: 6,568 Member
Any suggestions? Preferably something easily portable. An ounce of peanuts is tiny and knocks my fat grams way up.

Replies

• SweatLikeDog
    SweatLikeDog Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    Sardines 16g/can and 140cals. Whey protein into water bottle 20g/scoop and 100 cals.
  • clicketykeys
    clicketykeys Posts: 6,568 Member
    Options
    You know, I don't think I've ever HAD a sardine. I may have to try them! Just to see what they're like, if nothing else.

Then again, one of the other areas I tend to go over on is sodium... XD
  • jennifervfoster
    jennifervfoster Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Tinned tuna is not quite so strong as a sardine, but same concept! Low fat string cheese or other low fat cheese or greek yogurt also are pretty good if you don't go crazy!
  • phersmay
    phersmay Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Rice cakes, bananas
  • olymp1a
    olymp1a Posts: 1,766 Member
    edited August 2016
    Options
    Laughing cow light cheese triangles, accompany them with some celery sticks or cucumber. It's my favorite snack to take with me to work.
  • RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    edited August 2016
    Options
    Beef Jerky, Pork Skins (will add fat though), Yogurt, String Cheese, Protein Shake (muscle milk for example), protein bar,... hate to say that portable protein (high) usually is not very low calorie for me.
  • kuhndog61
    kuhndog61 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Quest Bar, unsalted almonds mixed with a few dried fruit pieces, string cheese, tuna and salmon packs. I don't worry about my sodium but then I'm doing keto/low carb variations usually
  • KaseyWolf
    KaseyWolf Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    I love roasted edamame peas. I get them at the store but would like to learn to roast my own. 1/4 cup (which is an ounce) is 140 cal, 7 g fat, 13 g Protein. I also like the jerky I saw someone mention. I look for ones that are at least 10 g/oz. I also have been buying portable meat snacks that have like 3 oz of chicken in it. Some have dipping sauce that really doesn't add to the carbs or fat like mustard or buffalo.
  • FLBeachluvr
    FLBeachluvr Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    Turkey jerky or string cheese.
  • sfcrocker
    sfcrocker Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    Edamame are great for snacking on
  • Spliner1969
    Spliner1969 Posts: 3,233 Member
    Options
    Whey. Whey Isolate. Nothing higher in protein and lower in calories that I have found, other than possibly turkey or chicken. 2 Scoops of my chocolate whey isolate powder plus water is 60g protein, 280 calories, 6 carbs. Just can't beat it. I tend to use protein bars as a snack, just read the nutrition labels, some have shockingly low protein content and high sugar content.
  • kekeke123
    kekeke123 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    quest chips, protein oatmeal, egg whites, PB2 + celery
  • Cahgetsfit
    Cahgetsfit Posts: 1,912 Member
    Options
    scoop of protein in low fat plain yoghurt or cottage or ricotta cheese
  • mystic_elegance
    mystic_elegance Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    I enjoy Wasabi edamame, but there are other flavors. Albacore tuna. Jerky. Greek Yogurt, with or without toppings. Protein muffins, there are a ton of recipes out there using either whey or even kodiac protein flap jack mix. Nuts.
  • jaybird1705
    jaybird1705 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    HIGH PROTEIN CHOCOLATE/PEANUT BUTTER SNACK or meal
    1 cup of low fat, small curd, cottage cheese from 2%, 1/2 scoop of your chocolate whey protein powder, 1 Tbsp of chocolate PB2, 1 Tbsp of organic (no sugar added) peanut butter (the kind you have to stir up because it has separated). Stir it all up and enjoy. If you want a smooth texture, put it all in a blender and blend until smooth. It tastes like one is eating Reece's peanut butter cup. Sometimes I also slice up an a golden delicious apple and scoop it up with it and eat it if I have the extra calories in my allowance. ABOUT 45g of protein depending upon which protein powder you use.
  • jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Options
    Hard boiled egg. Single serving Greek Yogurt.