cant seem to eat all my daily calories

Options
im really struggleing with my daily allowance and to finish each daily diary ive had to add food havent eaten just to log each day. i feel like im eating enough tho...aahhh help me!

Replies

• TravisGM92
    TravisGM92 Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    Are you trying to lose fat or gain weight? If you're trying to lose fat, that's alright.

To a certain point, the lower you go below your daily allowance (as long as you've done the math right), the faster your body will respond with weight loss.

Have you calculated your daily caloric requirement? If not, here's a little website that'll help you with that: http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/macronutcal.htm.

Otherwise, hit the gym, get your protein and keep working!
  • bshrom
    bshrom Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    If it won't allow you to finish your diary you are eating under 1000 calories a day. How are you eating under 1000 calories a day and are not hungry first of all. Second of all why would you add stuff you haven't even eaten to your diary? It's happened to all of us once in a while where we've had a really busy day and came way under the calorie goal and couldn't complete the diary, but this should not be happening everyday.
  • jasmineruth
    jasmineruth Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Are you weighing and measuring everything? If your consistently logging under 1000 calories and not feeling hungry there is a chance your logging is off. Are losing weight at a rate that would confirm you are eating so few calories? My advice to anyone who 'can't seem to eat enough'. Eat a chicken breast, an avacado, or a hand full of nuts. That easily moves you from 1000 to 1200 cals or whatever and isn't complicated.
  • RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    edited August 2016
    Options
    You can finish the diary when under calories, it just give you a big warning that the calories you logged today are under the "healthy limits" and advises you to eat nutritious foods and beverages in order avoid health issues and side effects!

It really is simple, eat calorie dense foods. You are the one that created the lean in 15 thread (which got moved by the mods) where you are eating clean foods only. What can you add to your diet that allows you some calorie expensive foods to reach your target? Not sure how much under 1200 to 1000 you are missing?

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10142490/a-list-of-calorie-dense-foods/p1

edited to add: I hope you try to reach your target and not just the 1000 calories per your post below "stating I try to reach 1000 literally under 20 cals most days"
  • hanwatts2016
    hanwatts2016 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    thanks for advice advocado i will add love those. i only do that cause want to log that day i do add everything or scan i get near to 1000cal literally like 20cal under most day. apprciate the feedback :) x
  • hanwatts2016
    Options
    TravisGM92 wrote: »
    Are you trying to lose fat or gain weight? If you're trying to lose fat, that's alright.

To a certain point, the lower you go below your daily allowance (as long as you've done the math right), the faster your body will respond with weight loss.

Have you calculated your daily caloric requirement? If not, here's a little website that'll help you with that: http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/macronutcal.htm.

Otherwise, hit the gym, get your protein and keep working!
    i hit gym 4-5x week my macros correct thanks for that info!
  • alexandriite
    alexandriite Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I've had the same problem. When it comes to eating during the day just have snack blocks like a banana or smoothie drink or other fruit it'll help add them up and keep u healthy. Even if ur a bit over 1000 you'll be fine we can have up to 1200 for a woman trying to lose weight or to gain muscle 1300 depends on intensity. Even if ur not hungry but know ur gonna be under just grab a quick snack
  • rileysowner
    rileysowner Posts: 8,104 Member
    Options
    1200 is considered the minimum for a woman to get the nutrition she needs to stay healthy, not 1000. Unless you are very short, under 5 feet, and assuming you are measuring your portions properly, you need to eat more. You calorie goal is just that, a goal to reach. If you cannot reach it you need to modify what you are eating to things with more calories. For that matter, if you are working out, you are supposed to eat those extra calories as well. Short term this is not an issue, but long term you are opening yourself up to nutritional deficiencies and the health issues that come with them.
  • booksandchocolate12
    booksandchocolate12 Posts: 1,741 Member
    Options
    1000 is low. How much weight are you trying to lose? How are you measuring your food intake? Food scale? Measuring cups?
  • RobD520
    RobD520 Posts: 420 Member
    Options
    bogwoppt1 wrote: »
    How did you gain weight in the first place then?

I have seen people on this site who never were overweight dieting aggressively. I never assume the person was heavy.
  • bogwoppt1
    bogwoppt1 Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    But in order to be a healthy weight you must be consuming more than 1200 calories a day just to maintain. For the average female 1600 a day would barely be enough calories. Therefore it makes no sense that all of a sudden they struggle to eat even 1200 cals when deciding to lose a few pounds.

Can you explain this to me? Because it confuses the heck out of me.

• AliceDark
    AliceDark Posts: 3,886 Member
    Options
    Are you using a food scale? It's far more likely that you are eating more than that and just not logging accurately.
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    bogwoppt1 wrote: »
    But in order to be a healthy weight you must be consuming more than 1200 calories a day just to maintain. For the average female 1600 a day would barely be enough calories. Therefore it makes no sense that all of a sudden they struggle to eat even 1200 cals when deciding to lose a few pounds.

Can you explain this to me? Because it confuses the heck out of me.

She's on a diet where she is eating "clean"....whatever that means. This happens all the time when people think they need radical changes in eating habits in order to lose weight.

OP - nuts, nut butter (make your own) avocado, seeds, full fat dairy, olive oil (add this to roasted veggies & smoothies).
  • hanwatts2016
    Options
    i wouldnt say im on diet i like to eat healthy. i try and weigh most my food today did it with everything. i have never veen aable to eat all my calories ecen when had P.T they had this this issue with me i do eat quite lot but not calculating enough. it could be to much of high protein food maybe? not enough carbs or fat.
  • hanwatts2016
    Options

[/quote]

She's on a diet where she is eating "clean"....whatever that means. This happens all the time when people think they need radical changes in eating habits in order to lose weight.

OP - nuts, nut butter (make your own) avocado, seeds, full fat dairy, olive oil (add this to roasted veggies & smoothies).[/quote]
    i will try this :)
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Options
    TravisGM92 wrote: »

Given that you don't know what she's eating, what she weighs, what her history is, this is irresponsible.