weigh ins

Options
Okay so I just started this week and need some suggestions on weighing in. I was just wondering when shold I weigh in and how often? I thought I would weigh in 2 weeks, then 1 month, then every 3 months....what do u think?

Replies

• Countrymade
    Countrymade Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself once a week. Same day same time.
    I also measure myself once a month.
    Although they say not to weigh everyday but I do just to stay on track but I only record the once a week one.
    Good luck with your weight loss.
  • anacsitham5
    anacsitham5 Posts: 814 Member
    Options
    Weigh in once each week on Mondays - that way you will be good over the weekend!
    Weigh in right after you get up and use the bathroom.
    Either weigh in, in the buff or wear the same thing each time so your weight doesn't fluctuate by the clothes you are wearing.

Good Luck!
  • TNAJackson
    TNAJackson Posts: 686 Member
    Options
    Most people weigh weekly. Some weigh daily, but that can be dangerous if you are disappointed easily since there are so many factors that can affect a daily weigh in (what you ate, when you ate last, water intake, etc). Really though, it's up to you and what you are comfortable with.
  • hillview2
    hillview2 Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    I weigh daily and take the long view. I also sometimes weigh at night before bed or after exercise. I LOG first thing in the am weights (not after exercise). For me it doesn't make me obsessive if I haven't lost in a few days -- it helps me understand how my diet impacts my weight.
  • jimenez0312
    Options
    Thanks weighing in on mondays to keep me in check on the weekend is helpful. I didnt even think about measuring myself. very helpful
  • SusanRenee35
    SusanRenee35 Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    I weigh in every monday morning after I wake up & have been up for about 10 minutes. Always in my underwear & bra. I take my measurements once a month.