how much is 4 ounces?

Options
mkaluzny
mkaluzny Posts: 508 Member
My son just bought me a kitchen scale. He said he was proud of me sticking to my fitness plan. I weighed four ounces of pork, four ounces of pasta and four ounces of broccoli. Amazing the difference! I am so excited to begin making more informed food choices.

Replies

• MrsRobertson1005
    MrsRobertson1005 Posts: 552 Member
    Options
    How exciting! Good job!!
  • kngarber
    kngarber Posts: 227
    Options
    I love my scale. I was very shocked with how much 4 oz can really be. I always thought 4 oz of chicken, was the size of a chicken nugget...lol. Keep up the great work!
  • vintagefool
    Options
    My kitchen scale was the best purchase I ever made! It made me realize I was way over-estimating the weight of meat :grumble: Enjoy the new scale :wink:
    I love my scale. I was very shocked with how much 4 oz can really be. I always thought 4 oz of chicken, was the size of a chicken nugget...lol. Keep up the great work!

IRL LOL. This is what I thought too.
  • StShellie
    StShellie Posts: 12
    Options
    My food scale, along with my heart rate monitor & calorie counter, was money well spent!! You learn a lot about serving sizes when you use one! Makes things so much easier when you know for sure how much you really are eating, doesn't it?
  • AlsDonkBoxSquat
    AlsDonkBoxSquat Posts: 6,128 Member
    Options
    That's so awesome, not just that you got a scale, but that your son is so supportive and proud of you! And how exciting, the first time I took my kitchen scale for a test drive I was so happy and excited, it's a whole new world out there!
  • iluminadaonix
    iluminadaonix Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    I got my food scale today. I love that i also noticed that I can eat more oven roasted turkey than what I thought. Yet I was really surprised when I meSured my whole wheat pasta and how little 200g are. :/. I was eating way more calories than what I thought. I'm really excited to have it now. I'm in control now. :)