new.. so how about some friends?

Options
hello everyone. i'm new to the mfp website but i have been enjoying the app on my phone for a couple weeks. just to tell you a little about myself.. i'm a 43 year old dad of 3 (ages 21,18 and 15) and married to my wife of 23 years. i'm a high school baseball coach and love the game. like i said, i've been using the app on my phone for about two weeks now and i have already lost 10 pounds. tomorrow i'll be finishing up week 3 of the c25k program. i have been down this weight loss road before too many times.. hopefully with the help of myfitnesspal (and some new friends??) i'll be more successful at getting to my goal and staying there for good. looking forward to giving and getting some support from people in similar positions!

Replies

• mampm1
    mampm1 Posts: 88
    Options
    I hear you and welcome. I too have lost quite a bit of weight since starting this program. Has me a little concerned. I'm sure the metabolism will slow down sometime, but I am quite happy as well. Good luck to you and if you need to share ideas, just holla'.
  • pnieuw
    pnieuw Posts: 473
    Options
    Welcome, and friend request on the way! I'm a 44 year old dad of a 10 year old, married for almost 20 years. Good to meet you!
  • abbz17
    abbz17 Posts: 39
    Options
    welcome welcome welcome! good luck on your journey! you will find all of the encouragement you need right here. feel free to add me and i'll help encourage you along the way.
  • clancie518
    clancie518 Posts: 40
    Options
    welcome to the MFP family... way to go on the 10 pounds so far.. this is a great place to find support and advice if needed... feel free to friend me
  • dmoses
    dmoses Posts: 786 Member
    Options
    Great job so far! Welcome to a wonderful website! I'm also trying the C25K program, just finished week 3. Sending a friend request your way!