stopped smoking now dieting........HELP

Options
I'm just not able to exercise for medical reasons and I can't seem to lose the 40 #'s I put on in 5 months. I'd lost 40 before my quit.
I am trying so hard and adding all i eat to the menue plan here...........but dr says metabolism is and will be out of whack for awhile. I'm getting really depressed as i gained some weight from the meds I took for the dpresssion after stopping and starting the calorie counting. Anyone else out there that can relate? Dr ran all the tests and all is ok.
Judy

Replies

• jenlw88
    jenlw88 Posts: 71
    Options
    yea my real dad is a smoke .... my partner quiet before he meet me. i got health problems along with my partner but we not let it stop us. but maybe these tips help. I have been combining some my food made a tasty treat. My partner loves it and I love it. One is my version of fruit salad since I don’t like every fruit and my partner doesn’t either. I cut strawberries into pieces, cut apples into lengths, add cantaloupe slices, watermelon slices, grapes, and cut my banana in circles then mix up to a bowl then I got my fruit salad. For snack if I am tired of bread I use wheat flatbread. I spread any kind peanut butter on my flatbread and make sure it cover then cut my bananas into circles and place them down the middle. Then fold over to where cover the bananas sand fold the other over. There my way to peanut butter and banana wrap. I made a healthier way to eat strawberries and bananas without the juice. Just cut the strawberries into small pieces and bananas into pieces in put them in a bowl, and then u got strawberries and bananas without the juice. I have discovered a wonderful drink mix called crystal light strawberry and banana hunger control. It helps my partner and I get full fast. Anything else I should try just message me or post it. May god bless u. I need some inspiration so I can share to my partner.
  • emgs52
    emgs52 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    I have struggeled with weight gain from meds also and its really tuff,but keeping up with as much exercise as you can and eating right weight will fall off sometimes slower than you want it too but the scale will go down keep jouneraling and moving
  • ChrisAlPro
    Options
    My reason for searching out MFP was because of the same reason. I had quit smoking four months ago and no matter how much exercising, I was doing or extreme dieting, I was gaining weight. I am finally starting to lose weight but I had to change my calories to 1100. I know that it will be harder because of the issue with the metabolism but refuse to give up.
  • lindahavard
    Options
    I stopped smoking 8 weeks a go and it was not so hard because i got one of those e ciggeretts and i help me . it is call the cig2o.
    It is heavier that a real one but i get the nicotene . it cost around 22.00 buck and comes with two refills and you charge it on you computer. Give that a try it is only water vapor nothing else but nicotine none of the harmful stuff. My best friend even tried it and likes it and she is so picky about everything. This could help you deal with the need to smoke and help you think about your weight more.
  • lindahavard
    Options
    I stopped smoking 8 weeks a go and it was not so hard because i got one of those e ciggeretts and i help me . it is call the cig2o.
    It is heavier that a real one but i get the nicotene . it cost around 22.00 buck and comes with two refills and you charge it on you computer. Give that a try it is only water vapor nothing else but nicotine none of the harmful stuff. My best friend even tried it and likes it and she is so picky about everything. This could help you deal with the need to smoke and help you think about your weight more.