Anyone 5'0 tall and around 155 pounds...needing to lose 25-3

Options

Replies

• wildebeauty
    Options
    Hi Guys,

Im 5ft and weigh 161 pounds. Im due to start my diet tomorrow! I just need help to keep motivated. My goal is to be 119lbs so i have 3st to lose. how long has it taken everybody else to lose their weight and what exercise has worked best for you?
  • DianaK78
    DianaK78 Posts: 55
    Options
    Hi All!

I am 5 feet tall, started at 182 lbs and now weigh 141.9 (40 lbs gone!). My first goal is to get to 130 lbs but I would love to get to 125! add me as a friend if you like :)
  • jenstanley13
    jenstanley13 Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    Well I'm 5'4" - a little taller than everyone else that has posted but my SW was 153 and I have lost 4 pounds over the past two weeks; would love to get down to 120 but will be happy with 125. Add me as a friend if you are interested; always happy to encourage and be encouraged!
  • sweetsapphire85
    Options
    Hi! 5'1" here, currently at 148ish and trying to get down to 120. It seems it's harder to lose weight the less you have to lose. I need the motivation to keep going!
  • photorific
    photorific Posts: 577 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'1", and 162... :frown: I'd like to lose about 35lbs. (More would be nice, but I'm a realist...) Friend request sent!
  • photorific
    photorific Posts: 577 Member
    Options
    I'm 150 right now, and I'm 5'2.5", so definitely a shorty. It's harder for us! when I run at 6.0 mph, I feel like I'm at an all out sprint, and the amazon girl next to me is just effortlessly jogging away at 6.5, haha.
    LOL - I can totally relate... I jog on the treadmill at 4.0-4.5, input it and the database has it as "very fast walk" - say wha?!? And, yeah - my runs are at about 5.0, and 6.0 is a quick sprint burst.
  • withchaco
    withchaco Posts: 1,026 Member
    Options
    I'm 5' 1.5" and 158lbs. Started at 186lbs... I've got about 30 more pounds to drop.

I think running/jogging speed can improve greatly with more training, even for us shorties. My dad is about 5' 3.5" but he can outwalk everyone else at the track park. He's been doing tons of speed walking since middle school (school was 5+ miles from his home, and he walked to save the bus fare and buy snacks!) and it definitely shows. He walks faster than I can jog.
  • silvafan
    silvafan Posts: 147
    Options
    Im almost 5'2 I started out at 153 (168 was my highest) and as of this morning im 138. My goal is 130 and then we shall see from there. I've been doing a lot of running & now im adding weights ... Feel free to add me peoples :-)
  • godblessourhome
    godblessourhome Posts: 3,892 Member
    Options
    i am 5 foot tall and started at mfp at 151 (2 pounds from the obese classification). i am now hovering around 122 and want to lose 11 more pounds. you can do it!!!
  • brown_eyed_girl_06
    Options
    I am 5'0 and weight about 144 right now. I am looking to be 125-130 so our goals are about the same! :smile:
  • hwilliams519
    hwilliams519 Posts: 428
    Options
    Wow, good to know there's more women like me out there. I am 5'3 and currently weigh 158lbs. When I first started my weightloss journey a couple of years ago I weighed 172lbs. I lost 25 lbs, but then I gained about half of that back and re-joined MFP this year. My first goal is to get to 145lbs, but ultimately I would like to get down to 125lbs.

Feel free to add me... I need more friends my size too.
  • redneckbettie
    redneckbettie Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    You can definently add me. I am 5'2 and have 35 pound to lose. Im down 4 pounds so far but I agree. Its good to have people with the same body type.
  • squigglypuff
    squigglypuff Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    i'm 4'11 and i started at 148, now at 135, hoping to get to 115. definitely need support & motivation!
  • hsquared87
    hsquared87 Posts: 73
    Options
    I'm 5'0 tall. I started MFP when I weighed 157 and I have 20 to 25 more lbs I would like to lose. I Keep going between 140 and 157 but I am going to get to my goal weight this time and stay there.

Us shorties need to stick together. Viva la short!

HSquared87
  • brunetteangel89
    Options
    I am 5 ft tall exactly and weight around 175 lbs I am guessing. I need to be 115. I would love to be a part of this group to help me lose weight.
  • nillapup
    nillapup Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    hey all.. I am 5'3 155.. started at 160... looking to get to 130 atleast... feel free to add me :flowerforyou:
  • DianaG783
    DianaG783 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I am 5 ft and about 155-158lbs. I really need the support and want to loose about 30 lbs. I want to be healthy and feel good. I will be 30 in July and want to change my lifestyle. I am addicted to junk food, chocolate, hot cheetos and I am sick of it. HELP
  • Tahnee1226
    Tahnee1226 Posts: 1
    Options
    Cool idea , might be too late to join but I'm 5ft even size 32 f bra so really hard for me to excercise correctly..started in march 2013. Currently 150 would like to be at least 30 more down
  • toxicat
    toxicat Posts: 79
    Options
    This was 2 years ago. Updates anyone?
  • clairenicole84
    clairenicole84 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Is everyone on here at 1200 calories a day. I feel like that is too hard for me to stick with. Can short people lose weight at a higher calorie intake? I work out almost everyday and I eat like 1400-1500 calories a day. I have not lost any pounds, but I have lost 9 inches. Will the weight start coming off? Or am I eating too many calories still?