what do people think about fitbits?

Options
ive just ordered mine! i wasnt sure as ive heard they can be bit addictive

Replies

• ouryve
    ouryve Posts: 572 Member
    Options
    Definitely addictive. Sadly, lost my charge goodness knows where. So ordered a charge HR - big plus point is I can finally predict when my period is going to start, which is an art in itself, these days!
  • JustaJoe00
    JustaJoe00 Posts: 777 Member
    Options
    it has helped me a lot with motivation especially if you find a challenge group....it has almost become more important to me than my smart phone.....that reminds me i should walk......:)
  • indiacaitlin
    indiacaitlin Posts: 691 Member
    Options
    I've got a Fitbit Alta which I really like :smile: I take the calorie burn estimate from it with a pinch of salt but it is definitely good motivation to get moving!
  • pianoplaya94
    pianoplaya94 Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    I am very much addictive to mine... Obsessed. BUT it's a good thing to be obsessed about because lots of exercise and can never go wrong with exercise! When I first got my Fitbit I would get about 10 000 -13000 steps 5 days in a row and then take 2 days off. I averaged about 70k steps a week. Now fast forward 13 months since I first got it and I get way over 10 000 a day for weeks at a time (my record is 40 days straight) and for the past 3 months I've been doing over 110 000 every single week... I'm a bit obsessed with it but I LOVE it!
  • middlehaitch
    middlehaitch Posts: 8,487 Member
    Options
    They don't fit my lifestyle.
    Tried one, it gave me a tiny amount of calories and I just couldn't get into walking to please a tiny computerette.

Cheers, h.
  • lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
    Options
    Yes, you have to learn not to get too obsessive over those steps. Today I earned my "Nile Badge" for 4132 miles since getting my fitbit 2 years ago, the length of the Nile River, the longest river in the world. Pretty cool!
  • B4Rachael
    B4Rachael Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    I love my Charge HR
  • rhtexasgal
    rhtexasgal Posts: 572 Member
    Options
    Love my Fitbit one ... I wear it as a reminder to keep on moving!
  • born_of_fire74
    born_of_fire74 Posts: 776 Member
    Options
    I think they are way too pricy of you want one that is waterproof for swimming >.<
  • Chieflrg
    Chieflrg Posts: 9,097 Member
    Options
    Fitbits and HRMs are gadgets that are marketed well. They do gave a motivation aspect for some people as well for people that like to micro manage their calories.
  • hanwatts2016
    hanwatts2016 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    B4Rachael wrote: »
    I love my Charge HR

thats what ive got up and running this evening now do have to hold side bit to monitor/ tra k my sleep? x
  • mrsmathman
    mrsmathman Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Sent mine back because it would not display heart rate while doing cardio. I had to keep taking the control to get the reading. Went with Polar HR for that purpose. My husband's fit bit just bit the dust. Almost one year old. He's going with the Garmin next time.
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    ouryve wrote: »
    Definitely addictive. Sadly, lost my charge goodness knows where. So ordered a charge HR - big plus point is I can finally predict when my period is going to start, which is an art in itself, these days!

Since when have fitbits predicted periods?
  • healthy491
    healthy491 Posts: 384 Member
    Options
    I have a fitbit blaze. Made me realize how inactive I was and helped me lose my last few pounds. I used to walk about 5000 steps and now I walk 15000-20000 steps a day ! I cant imagine maintaining my weight or exercising without it . HOWEVER , i dont think its highly accurate as it counts steps when I am sitting down / in a car . I think that my next fitness watch will be Garmin
  • hanwatts2016
    hanwatts2016 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    well girst day today and its going well. apparently can sync this app up to fitbit app how do u do that if anyone knows? x
  • olymp1a
    olymp1a Posts: 1,766 Member
    Options
    I have my Fitbit Surge for almost 2 weeks now! I'm super addicted and by having friends and competing challenges together I see that I stay motivated and push myself to do a bit more than I would normally do before Fitbit came to my life. I would say it is totally worth it!
  • melodysf10
    melodysf10 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I've had mine since February. I LOVE LOVE LOVE it!
  • LoraMartyn
    LoraMartyn Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I love mine, it has taught me how sedentary I really was. I move much more now!!
  • mapetry
    mapetry Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    To one other posters point I got the garmin vivosmart hr that you can wear in water and swimming. I love it. Just spent 20 minutes on treadmill to get my step goal for the day. If I didn't have it to push me I would have just sat on couch. I've had for about 4 weeks and average 10,000 steps per day. That is about the max I have time for in a day with working full time. But you can set your goals to whatever works for you. I also love the online tracker tools and details it gives you on hr and sleep patterns.
  • darleyschroeder89
    darleyschroeder89 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I have the Charge HR and love it. The challenges and badges are fun. Plus I like seeing how much I burn.