Check out my diary.

Options
Hey guys.

I've been logging my food for 2 weeks and I've been working out ( jilian michaels 30 shred) and I am now on level 2.
The first week I lost 1.4 kg and now when I went on the scale I've gained of 0.5 kg, it might just be water or something, I did eat a lot junk food this weekend but still not to much. But it would be cool if you could just check my food diary and see if I could change something or if I'm doing something wrong.
Those days I've been eating - 200 it's those days I've been working and so I do eat more because I work night shifts.

Thanks. Have a nice monday.

Replies

• happyfeetrebel1
    happyfeetrebel1 Posts: 1,005 Member
    Options
    Your diary is private.
  • AngelicaSamuelsson92
    Options
    Your diary is private.

I changed it to public before I wrote this.
    I looked again and it says public.
  • lc63
    lc63 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Sorry your diary is not in English so cant really help!
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    edited August 2016
    Options
    Is what you are eating, working for you? As in, do you find it easy to stay within your calorie allowance, or are you often hungry and get cravings? Are you energetic or lethargic? If it ain't broken, don't fix it ;)

One of my superhero superpowers is being Norwegian :D Your diet looks "normal" to me, healthy in an enjoyable and carefree (not careless!) way, and very very delicious :smiley: This is where individual preference comes in. I choose to not eat cake and chocolate and chips every day because it gets out of hand very fast. But if you stay in control of your eating, there is no problem. I would also always pair fruit with fat and protein and vegetables, but that's because it makes me more full. If that isn't an issue for you, disregard.
  • happyfeetrebel1
    happyfeetrebel1 Posts: 1,005 Member
    Options
    Your diary is private.

I changed it to public before I wrote this.
    I looked again and it says public.

That is so odd! I looked for it just now, and it still tells me" this user's feed is private". It must be just me though, because the others appear to be able to see it.

• KatKat1209
    KatKat1209 Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    How much do you weigh and how tall are you? Did you calculate your calorie goal with MFP?
    Anyway without knowing much about you - loosing 1.4kg of fat in one week is impossible for most people. You probably lost more water than fat with the 1.4kg.
    Also if you take too much salt with your food that tends to bind/hold water in your body - that could be the cause for the 0.5kg - or you are at a time of your cycle where you tend to store more water generally.. keep doing what you do now and see for a few more weeks. You will see (if you regularly note done your weight) that it will always go up and down - but in general the trend should be leading downwards :)
  • yirara
    yirara Posts: 9,412 Member
    Options
    It's Swedish, isn't it? Looks good if you feel happy with what you eat. Do you use a food scale for things that are not packed in ready-made portions? That can be a source of error as for example a teaspoon full of something could be just below the rim or over the rim. Do you use cooking oils, sugar and milk in drinks or anything else not in your diary?

And finally, how did you estimate the calorie burn? I don't know how heavy you are, but around 250kcal might be a bit too much for a 30 day shred session for a normal weight person. It might feel difficult for you at the moment but most of those exercises burn hardly any calories. Think of it that way: if 5km running burns about 250 cal for a normal weight woman, then how much will jumping jacks, a fairly similar exercise burn in .. is it 30 seconds? one minute? Most exercises burn less calories than running and there is a substantial part of breaks where you do nothing involved while if you ran continuously you'd still burn calories.

A 500gr weight gain is absolutely normal though for women: menstruation, water weight due to new exercise, just a bit more salt. My weight varies between a bit more than 1kg across the week, and from what I understand this is a very low variation. Other people vary more than 2kg.
  • AngelicaSamuelsson92
    Options
    Well I am at week 3 of logging and training with 30 shred and nothing on the scale other then I'm strongee, I can do push ups witch I never ever have done before and I'm pretty happy with thw choose of food and I feel very full when I eat thought I think the workout is the problem,maybe I have to workout more.
    I am 155 cm and 73.9 kg and I wanna loose 14.
    It just make me loose motovation when nothing happens. But I am not happy this why so I have to do something,thing about adding maybe power walks to the jilian michaels 30 shred.
  • AngelicaSamuelsson92
    Options
    Is what you are eating, working for you? As in, do you find it easy to stay within your calorie allowance, or are you often hungry and get cravings? Are you energetic or lethargic? If it ain't broken, don't fix it ;)

One of my superhero superpowers is being Norwegian :D Your diet looks "normal" to me, healthy in an enjoyable and carefree (not careless!) way, and very very delicious :smiley: This is where individual preference comes in. I choose to not eat cake and chocolate and chips every day because it gets out of hand very fast. But if you stay in control of your eating, there is no problem. I would also always pair fruit with fat and protein and vegetables, but that's because it makes me more full. If that isn't an issue for you, disregard.

Hej.

Yes I mean I love food and I love the fact that I can eat wherever I want if I only stay under my limit and I do get craving I love candy but I put down evearthing i eat so I won't get our of hand and these 3 weeks have been really good I think so I surprised that I have lost any Wight yet .
    Should probably workout more thought some people told me that I don't have to workout if I only eat less then u should loose weight .
    Well hello Norge :smile:
  • errollmaclean
    errollmaclean Posts: 562 Member
    Options
    Firstly I couldn't understand any of the foods in your diary :D Swedish huh?
    Other than not knowing what they are, the entries look to be in grams, which is good. Do you use a digital food scale?

The calories that mfp gives you are an estimate, so you might find that you have to go lower to lose. Baring medical issues, it's all about the calories. Double check your "activity" level. Do you have it set to active, lightly active, or sedentary? You may have to lower it.
  • AngelicaSamuelsson92
    Options
    Firstly I couldn't understand any of the foods in your diary :D Swedish huh?
    Other than not knowing what they are, the entries look to be in grams, which is good. Do you use a digital food scale?

The calories that mfp gives you are an estimate, so you might find that you have to go lower to lose. Baring medical issues, it's all about the calories. Double check your "activity" level. Do you have it set to active, lightly active, or sedentary? You may have to lower it.

Haha yes it's Swedish, I could have put it down in English but that would just take me forever.
    Yes it's digital I scale everything,usally I put the palate on the scale and just put the food on, easy that way .
    Well I'm not that active, I have never been into working out but then I found the jilian michaels 30 shred and I really enjoy it but maybe it's just to little.
  • errollmaclean
    Options
    Perfect! Using a scale is the most accurate way.

In the settings what did you set your activity level at, when you were setting up your account? The way myfitnesspal works you can lose weight without any excersize (although excersize is good).
  • AngelicaSamuelsson92
    Options
    I had it on lightly active ( active jobb )
    But changed it now,less calories to eat.
  • errollmaclean
    Options
    Less calories sucks :( but this is most likely the solution. Watch your weight to see if you start losing like predicted now. Adding in more excersize will give you more calories to eat (generally it's recommended to only eat back 50% - 75%, because calorie burn estimates can be a little high).

:)
  • AngelicaSamuelsson92
    Options
    Less calories sucks :( but this is most likely the solution. Watch your weight to see if you start losing like predicted now. Adding in more excersize will give you more calories to eat (generally it's recommended to only eat back 50% - 75%, because calorie burn estimates can be a little high).

:)

I hope so. Thanks for you advice:)