Lost 55kgs now to lose the last 40kgs - Aus

Options
Heyas all my name is Lisa and I am 37 mother of 6 from Australia

I recently had my last child and have decided the time is right for finally getting the weight off.

16 years ago I had lap-banding but it did not work as the doctors expected after having 2 miscarriages I was diagnosed with pcos and put on a low GI diet and metaformin. I soon lost the 55kgs ( 112 pounds) over a year and fell pregnant soon after.

Over the last 7 years I have had 5 children and been off the metaformin but the weight has gone up and down with the pregnancies.

I tried low carb / medium protein / high fat over the last 4 months via ketogenic diet as I had read it was great for pcos and though the weight came off fast 13kgs (28 pounds) I started showing signs that I had not before , hair falling out , tired , sweating though always cold like freezing cold even with the heater on , my doctor ran blood tests and I came up with a underactive thyroid. I went off the low carb and put back on 3kgs very quick like first week but within a month the thyroid went back to normal.

So I decided thats it back to basics , reduction , serving size , no junk and get moving , I do not care if it takes me a year to lose the weight I know how to do it just I felt a little impatient I guess I want it off now not later but as I have kept 55kgs ( 112 pounds) off already I know it takes time and no quick fix will work.

Replies

• thelmharmon
    thelmharmon Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Wonderful! More power to you :)
  • minmif
    minmif Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Hey there, I'm from Oz too and started my journey last Monday. My goal is 70kg and so far I'm down 7.2 which I'm pretty chuffed about, but know I have a long way to go.
    I'm watching portion sizes, cut out fried & soft drinks & keeping track of calories using this app.
    I've got 3 boys and work full time so I'm trying to juggle everything. I've joined a gym and have been going during my lunch breaks, slowly trying to increase my fitness.
    Anyhoo good luck to you
  • habeebmaaalik
    habeebmaaalik Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Wow so proud! You're an inspiration to a lot of people on here!!
  • The_Original_Beauty
    The_Original_Beauty Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    I have pcos, and slow thyroid and fibro. If you'd like a friend you can add me :)
  • JodieMarie38
    JodieMarie38 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I have hypothyroidism as well and high blood pressure..yay for me..not!! Feel free to add me as well. Fellow aussie mum, 38 with 2 young girls and looking forward to making new MFP's especially from AUS :-)