Lost 55kgs now to lose the last 40kgs - Aus

Heyas all my name is Lisa and I am 37 mother of 6 from Australia

I recently had my last child and have decided the time is right for finally getting the weight off.

16 years ago I had lap-banding but it did not work as the doctors expected after having 2 miscarriages I was diagnosed with pcos and put on a low GI diet and metaformin. I soon lost the 55kgs ( 112 pounds) over a year and fell pregnant soon after.

Over the last 7 years I have had 5 children and been off the metaformin but the weight has gone up and down with the pregnancies.

I tried low carb / medium protein / high fat over the last 4 months via ketogenic diet as I had read it was great for pcos and though the weight came off fast 13kgs (28 pounds) I started showing signs that I had not before , hair falling out , tired , sweating though always cold like freezing cold even with the heater on , my doctor ran blood tests and I came up with a underactive thyroid. I went off the low carb and put back on 3kgs very quick like first week but within a month the thyroid went back to normal.

So I decided thats it back to basics , reduction , serving size , no junk and get moving , I do not care if it takes me a year to lose the weight I know how to do it just I felt a little impatient I guess I want it off now not later but as I have kept 55kgs ( 112 pounds) off already I know it takes time and no quick fix will work.

Replies

• thelmharmon
    thelmharmon Posts: 3 Member
    Wonderful! More power to you :)
  • minmif
    minmif Posts: 11 Member
    Hey there, I'm from Oz too and started my journey last Monday. My goal is 70kg and so far I'm down 7.2 which I'm pretty chuffed about, but know I have a long way to go.
    I'm watching portion sizes, cut out fried & soft drinks & keeping track of calories using this app.
    I've got 3 boys and work full time so I'm trying to juggle everything. I've joined a gym and have been going during my lunch breaks, slowly trying to increase my fitness.
    Anyhoo good luck to you
  • habeebmaaalik
    habeebmaaalik Posts: 1 Member
    Wow so proud! You're an inspiration to a lot of people on here!!
  • The_Original_Beauty
    The_Original_Beauty Posts: 162 Member
    I have pcos, and slow thyroid and fibro. If you'd like a friend you can add me :)
  • JodieMarie38
    JodieMarie38 Posts: 12 Member
    I have hypothyroidism as well and high blood pressure..yay for me..not!! Feel free to add me as well. Fellow aussie mum, 38 with 2 young girls and looking forward to making new MFP's especially from AUS :-)