Thighs, bum and tum help!

Options
Hi all. Can anyone recomment a good workout for thighs bum and tum (mostly lower Mum tum!)? I'm excited to be going to the Rocky Horror Show in a few weeks, I'll be dressing up and these areas will be visible (well, not my bum, but the size of it!!) so would like to feel a bit more toned. Thanks! :smile:

Replies

• medic2038
    medic2038 Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    Unfortunately, there's no such thing as spot training. So working out those areas won't make them look more muscular, an overall drop in bodyfat is the only way.
    Heavy squats will hit all of those muscle groups in one exercise though!
  • rainbowbow
    rainbowbow Posts: 7,490 Member
    Options
    I agree that there's no working out to specifically reduce fat in these areas. Unfortunately, these are the most common location for women to gain fat, so a reduction in overall body fat is required.

In addition, I don't think there's any amount of training that will have REAL results in only a few weeks.

That being said, I know that some women (especially beginners) seem to get great results with daily exercise programs like: Bodyrock TV, Zuzka TV, 30 day shred (Jillian Micheals), or Fitness Blender; all of which are available on youtube for free.
  • Buffles26
    Buffles26 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Thanks very much for your replies, appreciate it
  • KiyaK
    KiyaK Posts: 519 Member
    Options
    medic2038 wrote: »
    Unfortunately, there's no such thing as spot training. So working out those areas won't make them look more muscular

False. The only way to make an area "look more muscular" is to work the muscles in that area. Muscles only grow larger or stronger when they are worked. A muscle that is not worked will not change. However, if those muscles are covered by a layer of fat, you won't be able to see the larger/stronger muscles.

I believe you mean there's no such thing as spot reducing fat. You cannot target a specific place to lose fat. You can only lose it all over or where your body has decided it will come off first.

Not trying to be argumentative, just trying to make sure OP has the most accurate information.

OP: if you're interested in being smaller in those areas, a calorie deficit will be the best way to achieve that. Overall fat loss will make you smaller all over. If you're looking to make those areas stronger/more shapely, I would suggest strength training. Specifically the Strong Curves program, which is written for women who want to grow a killer booty.

Of course, as the others have said, you will not get any dramatic changes in "a few weeks." But you can start moving in the right direction. You will be that much closer to your goal body & maybe for a later event will look exactly how you want. As always, this lifestyle is a marathon, not a sprint. Good luck!
  • chandraminick
    chandraminick Posts: 452 Member
    Options
    Eat clean and get on Jillian Michaels 30 Day Shred. Do it religiously for at least two months and you will see a huge difference.
    Buffles26 wrote: »
    Hi all. Can anyone recomment a good workout for thighs bum and tum (mostly lower Mum tum!)? I'm excited to be going to the Rocky Horror Show in a few weeks, I'll be dressing up and these areas will be visible (well, not my bum, but the size of it!!) so would like to feel a bit more toned. Thanks! :smile:

• jessef593
    jessef593 Posts: 2,272 Member
    Options
    Eat clean and get on Jillian Michaels 30 Day Shred. Do it religiously for at least two months and you will see a huge difference.
    Buffles26 wrote: »

You mean eat at a caloric deficit