Tragically Hip

Options
suvoth
suvoth Posts: 927 Member
Alright, who's watching The Hips final concert? Where ya from? New Brunswick, Canada here.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n6pwkHjRWuM&feature=player_embedded

Replies

• juliet3455
    juliet3455 Posts: 3,015 Member
    Options
    Yes . Watching intently. :'(
    Some how I expect to see them do a Mini-Concert for our Olympic Athletes.
  • 3dogsrunning
    3dogsrunning Posts: 27,167 Member
    Options
    Watching at home - on the CBC, of course. My husband just said we should be outside sitting around a bonfire.
    :'(
  • suvoth
    suvoth Posts: 927 Member
    Options
    Bring your phone or laptop outside :)
  • 3dogsrunning
    3dogsrunning Posts: 27,167 Member
    Options
    suvoth wrote: »
    Bring your phone or laptop outside :)

We thought about that.

And FTR he meant because for us, that would be where we spent most of our time listening to the Hip as teenagers.
  • Joanne_happygramma
    Joanne_happygramma Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    Vancouver here, so emotional, we laughed, we cried and cried some more. Such a powerful gift they gave Canada.
    Joanne
  • jenmar222
    jenmar222 Posts: 9,279 Member
    Options
    Oh, I thought this tread was about @cutaway_collar
  • ncboiler89
    ncboiler89 Posts: 2,408 Member
    Options
    My grandma tragically broke her hip
  • middlehaitch
    middlehaitch Posts: 8,484 Member
    Options
    Excellent. Had to record it because it was on a bit early on the west coast (Victoria, BC).

Sat out would have been an excellent way to watch it. Don't think the neighbours would have appreciated the noise keeping their toddler up.

Cheers, h.
  • Taliko
    Taliko Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    I live in Kingston! Didn't manage to get tickets though.
  • _birdie__
    _birdie__ Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    they played it live on xm and i listened in my car :)

hope he beats the odds and they are able to keep making music <3
  • singingflutelady
    singingflutelady Posts: 8,736 Member
    Options
    I watched it. My brother went to the Ottawa concert a few days before the last concert and also watched the last one on TV.
  • synchkat
    synchkat Posts: 37,369 Member
    Options
    We didn't watch...hits a bit too close to home right now especially since we're off to the same place today where Gord is being treated. Maybe we'll run into him
  • Oxytocin_Panda
    Oxytocin_Panda Posts: 464 Member
    Options
    Montreal here. Watched every minute. Truly our generations Rock Poet Laureate. Kinda glad the rest of the world didnt catch on. They belong to us
  • Abbysmum2010
    Abbysmum2010 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I am not a fan of the Tragically Hip, a statement which, these days, which makes me feel vaguely un Canadian. I certainly knew their music from way, way back, but it never spoke to me in any way and I think I only ever saw them perform twice (once when my sister sang with them and once at a festival with a friend who likes them). Why is it then that I have snippets of any number of their songs running around in my head today? I have to say that, in spite of it being "not my style of music", there is something in me that appreciates the outpouring that Gord's illness and this last tour have sparked (overwhelming and unrelenting as it may have seemed).
  • rather_be_snacking
    rather_be_snacking Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Victoria, BC here. Started at 5:30PM. Have it recorded to watch later and maybe more than once