Help I have a Question

Options
I own and operate a residential cleaning service, M-F and I need to know do I count that as exercise?
On average I clean homes that take me 4 hours of non-stop cleaning, up, down, on knees, wiping and vac/mopping. I am faster than average cleaners so I am literally moving for the whole time I am there. In case your wondering I have been doing it so long my body is not even impressed with that happening daily:(

I don't want to count it as heaving cleaning if I should not, as my body shows I have no problem over eating..lol

Replies

• ndanisek
    ndanisek Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Under the cardio exercise if you put in cleaning it gives you two choices. So, go for it. I think you burn calories while cleaning.
  • Losing2Live69
    Losing2Live69 Posts: 743 Member
    Options
    I don't log things that are an every day part of my routine. Like you said, your body is used to it. If you do something above and beyond that...whatever it may be, I would log that. Your job is figured in as part of the activity level (when calculating your BMR and daily deficit) that you enter when filling out your initial info on here. I hope you accounted for it!! You definitely aren't sedentary!!
  • makmyra
    makmyra Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    If ur body is used to it...then what I do is give myself half credit or partial...for me-compared to something I'm not used to like Zumba and the sweat I endure there...that tells me what sort of work out I get at work. Only yoou know ur body and how much u sweat or are outta breath....only u can completely tell.... :ohwell: hope that helps some...